+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions with filling up the PR Card Application Form (IMM 544 e) - Please help!

Dee92

Aug 12, 2018
Hello everyone,

My first landing was on 29th August 2018. I immediately had to leave Canada on the same day for some personal work, so the officer did not advise me to apply for the PR card then since there would be no one to collect it.

I have recently moved to Canada for good and I'm filling up the IMM 5444 e form to apply for my first PR card.

Questions -
1. On the Travel History section, it says list ALL absences since the day you became a PR. As I left Canada on the same day, should I
a) include 29th Aug 2018 in the 'from date' and count it in the 'Number of Days' column ? OR
b) include 29th Aug 2018 in the from date but not count it in the Number of days column? OR
c) include 30th Aug 2018 as from date?

2. I travelled from the US to India via Dubai in 2018.
4th Sept - Departed from US
5th Sept - Transit in Dubai for 4 hours
6th Sept - Arrived in India

Should I list 5th Sept in the Travel History section and mention my location as Dubai or can I simply include 5th Sept as time spent in India?

Thank you. Any help is appreciated!

Dee92

Aug 12, 2018
Thank you very much.

The reason for asking #2 is so that it's consistent with my passport stamping. It says I arrived in India on Sept 6th. So I'm a little concerned if I can include Sept 5th as time spent in India.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you very much.

The reason for asking #2 is so that it's consistent with my passport stamping. It says I arrived in India on Sept 6th. So I'm a little concerned if I can include Sept 5th as time spent in India.
I think in this case, transit counts as time spent in a country.

Dee92

Aug 12, 2018
Thank you very much.

Have a quick follow up question, in the Travel History section where they ask us to list our absence, it asks for "Period to be Assessed" - This should be from 29th August 2018 (the day I became PR) to the Current Date, correct? Or is the To Date the most recent date I landed in Canada?

Dee92

Aug 12, 2018
Thank you. But this is not my renewal. I’m applying for the pr card for the first time..and it’s less than 5 years since landing. In this case, I’m assuming the from date is the date of landing and to date is current date?

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Thank you. But this is not my renewal. I’m applying for the pr card for the first time..and it’s less than 5 years since landing. In this case, I’m assuming the from date is the date of landing and to date is current date?
correct.