+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions regarding Travel History and Address history for PR application?

dadnani

Oct 15, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I had questions regarding the travel history and Address history?

Q1) Under the Travel History section, you are asked to fill in timelines when you exited and entered your country of residence or country of origin from the last 10 yrs or from 18th birthday till today. In my case, Canada is my country of residence as I am currently working in canada. I will give you a little background about myself a) I came to canada in 2010 from UAE for my undergrad studies b) Before coming to canada, I was a permanent resident of UAE c) Country of nationality is India. So when filling in the travel history, I will use canada as my country of residence and list all the trips I made out of canada, even to my country of origin that is India. When I start to fill in the travel history, I am very unclear on how to account for the trip that I made when I first moved to Canada from UAE as this is the trip where I changed my country of residence?

I did call cic regarding this and two different representatives gave me two different answers. First said that I should not be mentioning the first time I came to Canada as I received my study permit on arrival and I already had my TRV before even I landed in canada. Second said that the time from I turned 18th till the day I came to canada (1 month time), enter this duration as visit to UAE in your travel history? I am getting really confused and hope someone who has been in a situation like mine knows on how to go about it. Note: My permanent residence of UAE expired in Jan 2013

Q2) I was living in Toronto and my first job after graduation was in western ontario. For my first week of work, until I moved in, I was living at my friends place who lives in the same city where my company is situated.Although I had already signed the lease before even moving in and living at a my friends place for a week, the owner was just fixing some issues with my room. So in the address history, do I mention my friend's address where I stayed for a week?