+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions regarding applying for PR through essential occupation

mictesting17

Mar 17, 2021
Good Morning!

I am planning on applying for Permanent Residence through the new temporary policy:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/public-policies/trpr-canadian-work-experience.html

I have read this page many times but have a couple of questions, if you could please help me.

1) My job falls into the Annex B - 72 - 7202 - Contractors and supervisors, electrical trades and telecommunications occupations.
I started this job on the 29th June 2020. When I apply at the end of June this year, does my employer need to provide me with any documents to confirm my full-1-year employment?

2) Do I need to be working at this position during my PR application? OR can I leave this job after reaching the 1 full year? I have been advised to undergo a series of dental surgeries, and I would like to be off work during and after this period. But, I would not like this medical treatment to delay my PR application.

Thank you so much for your time and attention and I look forward to hearing from you.
I hope you have a nice day.

maaayankkk

Star Member
May 17, 2018
1) Yes, you need a reference letter from your employer. (Very important)
2) After completing one year with your current employer you can change your job however make sure that you are employed at the time your PR application is received. This is one of the eligibility requirements for this program.

Reactions: mictesting17

mictesting17

Mar 17, 2021
2) After completing one year with your current employer you can change your job however make sure that you are employed at the time your PR application is received. This is one of the eligibility requirements for this program.
Hello maaayankkk,

Thank you very much for your reply.

As you have advised, I made sure to submit a letter from my employer.

If it won't be a bother, may I ask you another question on this topic?

I submitted my PR application after completing one full year at the same company; currently, it has been exactly 18 months of working here.

Since my application has already been submitted (not sure if this is the same as "received") can I quit and change employer?

The reason why I am asking is because I have not received any reply regarding my application- not even an automated reply.

I would really appreciate your reply, thank you so much!