+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions Regarding Application form 0008

missbee

Oct 24, 2013
Hi All,

I am in the process of filling out the generic Canada Visa Application Form 0008 for Spousal Sponsorship Outland.

In the form you must enter your current place of residency. If I have been living in Canada under a visitor visa (American- in and out every 6months) will it effect being able to apply as outland if I put my current Country of residence as Canada? I am just confused as I have yet to see any questions on the form asking whether you are applying inland or outland. So how will they know that you are intending to apply Outland?

I was also wondering if you think that it will hurt my chances of approval if I was previously in a common-law relationship in Australia? I was never married, but had a long term boyfriend who in the last few years I was there was under his working visa as a common-law partner.

Last question :) Under the section where they ask your "Highest level of education" I am split between the two categories- Post Secondary no degree and trade/apprenticeship diploma/certificate. I have 3yrs post secondary with no degree, as I decided to take up a trade of which I earned a Diploma. Also, does the total number of years in education intended to include primary or only post-secondary?

Thank you so much for any help you can provide!!

kasia333

Star Member
May 14, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-21-14 received 5-23-14
AOR Received.
SA 07-23-14
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
4-30-2014
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR 10-10-14
LANDED..........
10-16-14
Great questions. Like you I'm wondering what to put down for residence for that question (outland on visitor visa like you). I had someone tell me I'm supposed to put down US as my country of residence.. Also, would that mean that my husband would have to put down on his forms that he doesn't live with me and that he lives alone??

I hope both of us find answers. Good luck

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

It's perfectly fine to put your Canadian address on the app. There are no questions asking if you are applying outland or inland because they are 2 different application packages and they are sent to different addresses.

A previous common-law relationship won't have any effect on your application.

The selections are listed in increasing level. "Post-secondary - No Degree" is listed after "Trade/ Apprenticeship certificate/Diploma", so it is considered the higher level. As said in the guide, the total number of years includes both elementary and secondary.