+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions re LoE and Proof of Funds

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Hi everyone,
It's my first post here but I've been following this forum for a while. I got ITA (FSW-O) in the last draw (finally! after spending 10 months learning French and then waiting for FSW to be resumed) and I have a couple of questions.

LoE - do I need to submit just one including all relevant info or create separate ones for each relevant section and add them as the first page in relevant PDFs?

Proof of Funds - my wife and I have multiple accounts and credit cards - some in joint names, some individual, spread between 3 banks plus a couple of credit cards and PayPal credit. We have enough funds to cover the required minimum, any outstanding debts plus quite a bit more.

- Do we need to provide the source of funds (the money has been in our savings account for over 1 year and it came from a sale of our house - do we need to provide a proof of sale?)

- Do we need to provide any statements or letters for dormant accounts? For example, a credit card we haven't used in a few months?

- Do we need to provide statements or letters for accounts, which are only in my wife's name and have either zero or positive balance?

- On top of our employment, we also have a photography business. It's set up as a limited company (UK) and we have a business account. Do we need to provide statements or letters for this account? Technically is the company's money, not ours but the reality is that we're both company directors and there's no one else employed by this company so we have full control over those funds. It's not a large amount - I'm just wondering if it can be omitted, as it has no impact on our application and legally speaking, it's the company's money rather than ours.

Thanks! :)

pavan23

Nov 18, 2014
Hi everyone,
It's my first post here but I've been following this forum for a while. I got ITA (FSW-O) in the last draw (finally! after spending 10 months learning French and then waiting for FSW to be resumed) and I have a couple of questions.

LoE - do I need to submit just one including all relevant info or create separate ones for each relevant section and add them as the first page in relevant PDFs?

Proof of Funds - my wife and I have multiple accounts and credit cards - some in joint names, some individual, spread between 3 banks plus a couple of credit cards and PayPal credit. We have enough funds to cover the required minimum, any outstanding debts plus quite a bit more.

- Do we need to provide the source of funds (the money has been in our savings account for over 1 year and it came from a sale of our house - do we need to provide a proof of sale?)

- Do we need to provide any statements or letters for dormant accounts? For example, a credit card we haven't used in a few months?

- Do we need to provide statements or letters for accounts, which are only in my wife's name and have either zero or positive balance?

- On top of our employment, we also have a photography business. It's set up as a limited company (UK) and we have a business account. Do we need to provide statements or letters for this account? Technically is the company's money, not ours but the reality is that we're both company directors and there's no one else employed by this company so we have full control over those funds. It's not a large amount - I'm just wondering if it can be omitted, as it has no impact on our application and legally speaking, it's the company's money rather than ours.

Thanks! :)
Just one LOE would be enough for all the sections.

You just need to provide a bank statement with your funds in it. Ideally one account with all the fund and just declare the funds in that account and get a letter from the Bank.

Try to keep things simple,Dont complicate it by adding several accounts

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Thanks.

So are you saying that as long as I have sufficient funds to cover any outstanding debt, I need to only provide a letter/bank statements from this bank?