+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions on NOC, Work experience and Reference letter

digitalrain7

Mar 19, 2017
I am a Software guy with 9 years of experience. Currently I am in Canada on onsite deputation. My work permit has the NOC code 2171. My roles in the company so far was related Software Engineer (Started as Junior Software engineer then progressed to Software Engineer, Senior Software Engineer and Project Lead). So my company job title and roles more resembles to NOC 2173 than 2171. Yet I don't know how my company manged to get me work permit in 2171. I will complete 1 year in Canada in April and I want to apply Express entry under CEC. First question: should I list my job under NOC 2171 or 2173?

I am with my current company from the start of my career. As I mentioned above, I have got promotions and role changes during this period. I also worked as onsite coordinator in two more foreign countries. When I enter details in my work experience, should I split each role change/onsite assignments as separate work history entries? That will result around 7 entries under work history, all with the same employer.

If I need to list multiple entries as mentioned above under my work history, do I have to get separate work experience/ job reference letter from my company?

As many IT employees mentioned, in the forum, getting job reference letter from company is next to impossible ( this applies to most software service companies like infy, tcs, wipro etc). HR will ask to get manager's approval about the job responsibilities, and manager will tell he is not going to approve any unofficial matter. This is a catch 22 situation. Though I see many such cases mentioned in the forum, I haven't seen anybody mentioning how they worked around this issue. Any input in this is most welcome.

Reactions: yuvi1112

groorj

Sep 26, 2016
I'm in a similar situation. From what I was told it's better to have only one period for the same company. However, you had 7 changes and I'm not sure how that would play.

I'm confused about the letter though. Should I list the activities for each or my roles or adding just the dates (periods for each role) is enough ? I'm not sure.

Can anyone help ?

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
groorj said:
I'm in a similar situation. From what I was told it's better to have only one period for the same company. However, you had 7 changes and I'm not sure how that would play.

I'm confused about the letter though. Should I list the activities for each or my roles or adding just the dates (periods for each role) is enough ? I'm not sure.

Can anyone help ?
As long as you have mentioned all the roles and date for the same, you should be good.

Sep 28, 2013
Hi All,
I hold a CRS score of 397. It is an internal company transfer that they are offering on a condition that i have my VISA. Since this is an internal transfer there is no letter that the company provided as everything is on the system. So would i be able to show a signed letter of assurance from my manager \ supervisor that I would be working in Canada on providing the VISA paper?. Would CIC accept this?.

akgpandey

Apr 21, 2020
I am a Software guy with 9 years of experience. Currently I am in Canada on onsite deputation. My work permit has the NOC code 2171. My roles in the company so far was related Software Engineer (Started as Junior Software engineer then progressed to Software Engineer, Senior Software Engineer and Project Lead). So my company job title and roles more resembles to NOC 2173 than 2171. Yet I don't know how my company manged to get me work permit in 2171. I will complete 1 year in Canada in April and I want to apply Express entry under CEC. First question: should I list my job under NOC 2171 or 2173?

I am with my current company from the start of my career. As I mentioned above, I have got promotions and role changes during this period. I also worked as onsite coordinator in two more foreign countries. When I enter details in my work experience, should I split each role change/onsite assignments as separate work history entries? That will result around 7 entries under work history, all with the same employer.

If I need to list multiple entries as mentioned above under my work history, do I have to get separate work experience/ job reference letter from my company?

As many IT employees mentioned, in the forum, getting job reference letter from company is next to impossible ( this applies to most software service companies like infy, tcs, wipro etc). HR will ask to get manager's approval about the job responsibilities, and manager will tell he is not going to approve any unofficial matter. This is a catch 22 situation. Though I see many such cases mentioned in the forum, I haven't seen anybody mentioning how they worked around this issue. Any input in this is most welcome.
I hope you have got your PR. Just checking how you managed to deal with above situation. My situation is also like yours.

Reactions: yuvi1112

yuvi1112

Jan 21, 2019

Hi I know its long, but can you please let me know did you split your onsite experiences? or how did you proceed with that?