+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions for visitor visa

thanhlong1984

Dec 14, 2014
Hi,

I am applying a visitor visa for my wife (from vietnam) to come to canada to visit me. I have some questions regarding the online application required documents:
1. The online application requests my wife to do a medical exam. I find it to be strange given that she only requests to stay in canada for less than 1 month. Does she absolutely have to submit a medical exam with the online application?
2. Does she have to submit a purchased air ticket with the application? Is an itinerary sufficient? The reason is I don't know whether she can get a visa or not, buying a ticket outright means she may lose a lot of money for nothing.
3. I am thinking of buying a medical insurance for her. Did anyone buy an insurance for that case? If so, did you ever get a refund if the visa is rejected?

Thanks

dominik-bcpnp

Star Member
Jan 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2013
Doc's Request.
26-05-2015
Nomination.....
28-02-2014
AOR Received.
03-11-2014
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
05-12-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2015/received by CPC on the 10th
VISA ISSUED...
IP on 26th of May 2015, DM on 24th of June 2015
LANDED..........
Inland applicant
1. Yes. If medicals are a requirement, she needs to go through medicals.

2. No. You don't need to pay for her flight. An Itinerary will do. You don't need to stick precisely to the sheduled flight dates either. After all, there's nothing you can do, if that specific flight is booked out, by the time you get (if you do) the visa. You just have to stay within the validity of the visa with your booking. She will be asked about her return flight dates, and maybe about proof for that, when she arrives.

3. Insurance is not required. But if you do get one, every company has got different conditions. If you worry about refunds, buy insurance that gives you a refund. Or book the insurance after the visa is granted and just mention, that she will have one. As I said, it's not a requirement anyway.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

I'll answer your second and third questions

2. Does she have to submit a purchased air ticket with the application? Is an itinerary sufficient? The reason is I don't know whether she can get a visa or not, buying a ticket outright means she may lose a lot of money for nothing.
You do not have to buy flight tickets for the TRV application.

If you still wish to buy them then you could purchase refundable tickets (which are a bit more expensive than the non-refundable ones).... just in case you need to cancel/change travel dates..... or there are some websites that allow you to do tentative flight bookings (even a travel agent can do this using the Amadeus Reservation System).... so you can get a print of the flight bookings which are booked for 24 hours without having to pay a penny

3. I am thinking of buying a medical insurance for her. Did anyone buy an insurance for that case? If so, did you ever get a refund if the visa is rejected?
Do you have AIG ie American International Group in Vietnam? They offer Overseas Travel Medical Insurance for the Americas ie for US/Canada.... you'll have to purchase the insurance policy from Vietnam for short visits.

This insurance policy can be cancelled or the travel dates amended, if required..... you'll only lose a very small amount if the policy has to be cancelled and the balance amount will be refunded

Hope this helps and your wife gets her TRV soon :)