Bea5

Jan 11, 2010
Germany
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct.1st '09
I am sorry in advance when I ask questions that have been answered a hundred times, but the more I try to read things the blurrier things get. So here are my questions:

-Before landing your prepare a list of things you're bringing with you. Do you write down everything? Even the lipstick in your purse? (You get what I mean) Or just the things of value? I don't want to write too much, and certainly not miss little things that make it more stressful at the border.

-Does it help at all to have your papers (diplomas etc.) translated at home, or are the credential assessment agencies insisting on having the translations done in Canada? I can certainly not have any of my documents sent there directly, I checked with my schools. I own the only originals, and they say it's all my business ;)

That's it for now. Again, sorry for the probably silly topic, answers would be greatly appreciated!

Bea

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

You don't need to list every items individually. If you are using Form B4 and B4a, list your items in group and show the approx value ( you can value it). If you have any costly items, jewlry more than a reasonable quantity, you can show it. If you are only taking 2 suit cases for your dress and some utensils, no need to prepare forms. Declare at the customs about the contents, when asked at the arrival customs.You will get a form to fillup in the air plane before landing.

If your diplomas and certifications are not in English, you have to get it translated to English from a "Licenced Translator". Doing at your home country will be more convenient and lesser expensive, instead of bringing them to Canada and looking for translators.

Bea5 said:
I am sorry in advance when I ask questions that have been answered a hundred times, but the more I try to read things the blurrier things get. So here are my questions:

-Before landing your prepare a list of things you're bringing with you. Do you write down everything? Even the lipstick in your purse? (You get what I mean) Or just the things of value? I don't want to write too much, and certainly not miss little things that make it more stressful at the border.

-Does it help at all to have your papers (diplomas etc.) translated at home, or are the credential assessment agencies insisting on having the translations done in Canada? I can certainly not have any of my documents sent there directly, I checked with my schools. I own the only originals, and they say it's all my business ;)

That's it for now. Again, sorry for the probably silly topic, answers would be greatly appreciated!

Bea

Bea5

Jan 11, 2010
Germany
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct.1st '09
wilson, thank you so much for the reply, that cleared things up for me! Must start to pack and see what I want to take with me, sounds like and easy landing for me :)

thanks again!