+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about US visa Interview Waiver

Apr 15, 2020
Hello All,
Hope you are well. I have a canadian PR, and i am residing in the US for work. My Wife got her H1B extension, and her visa got stamped in india, and i already applied for my h4 status change, and that got approved. I need to get the visa stamped, and i was thinking of having that done in Canada, and since i have a PR, i believe i do qualify for the interview waiver program.
I did have a few questions on how to get that though, and i was hioping there are folks in a similar situation to me who can help me out.
Here are the questions:
- I dont know what to answer for the question on the AIS portal "Are you traveling from another country to apply for a U.S. visa in Canada?". I am in the US, but answering yes to this doesnt show up the next set of questions to determine waiver eligibility. Now, i will travel to Canada and stay there and mail my documents from there, and will come back to the US once i have the docs back. But do i just go ahead and answer "no" to this question?
- Will i be able to choose which consulate to send the documents to if i have the waiver? Does it depend on the DS-160 location, or the document delivery location, or will i still be able to choose which consulate i send the docs to?
- Is there a difference in processing times between ottawa and toronto? Can someone share any website where i can track realistic timeframes for dropbox processing times? i need to plan my travel accordingly :)

- For Documents, i know i need to submit my wife's i797 and my i539 i797, but do i need to also submit my wife's original passport?

Thank you so much!