+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about Spousal Sponsorship Nov 2014

daftfunk

Nov 9, 2014
Hello forum!

New member here... I tried searching for certain answers to my questions but all I got was confusion and lack of answers.
My apologies because the things I am about to ask have probably been asked a thousand times on here.

Some info... I am an American citizen and currently visiting my Canadian wife
We are starting the spousal sponsorship and almost have all the documents to send in.
I would like some clarifications on things.

1. I want to stay in Canada while sponsorship is going on.. Should I apply for inland or outland? I heard inland keeps me in the country but outland is usually faster. To compensate for doing outland if i choose, I was going to apply for visitor extensions. I'm mainly asking this question for friendly advice on people who have already done the spousal sponsorships.

2. On the outland spousal sponsorship document checklist (IMM 5491), it does not say anywhere 4 recent photos of me (principal applicant) are required. But I've seen in the In Canada document checklist (IMM 5443) it says I require 2 photos. Can't find straight answers. So if doing outland, do I require the photos of myself?

I know I have more things to ask but I can't think straight at the moment.
Thank you for your time.

novembre2013

Star Member
Sep 1, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
hello

so for your questions:
1-apply outland. Never apply inland for us citizens.
2-you need to submit 4 photos as stated in the guide for us applications
here is the link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3910e.pdf

PHOTOS
Supply four (4) recent photos for each member of your family and yourself. Follow the instructions in Appendix B: Photo Specifications.
OS

pujaberry

Nov 11, 2014
My experience

Outland Sponsorship is faster than the Inland

I applied for Sponsorship in Aug 26th 2014 for my partner residing in Australia and he received his PR in November 2014; that is in 3 months.
I had applied on my own and had not taken the services of a lawyer. The process is simple and if anyone needs advice, I am more than happy to assist.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Do not apply inland. First stage approval is 14 months then another 6 or 8 months to get PR. You are able to leave Canada if you apply outland, and i feel personally that you get the best of both worlds and the security of being able to go back home if an emergency occurs with out your application being in jeopardy . Ask as many questions as you want. We where all there at one time.