+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about saying an IELTS test report being "ORIGINAL"

kl681

Jun 5, 2014
Hello All,
--First sorry for the potential possibility of making any duplicated thread here as I have not come across something really related or helpful to what occurred to my first CEC application dated mid June.
And the key question I have had is the word "ORIGINAL" defined by the CIC.

--What I did regarding attaching my CEC qualified IELTS results when mailing the whole application:
I just simply attached that one piece of the test results paper with my application, as in the first place I received 2 copies of the test results in total in a sealed envelope from an official Test Center.

--However, the letter I recently received from the CIC states that all test results must be ORIGINAL, so my questions are:
1. To what extent a test results copy can be said "ORIGINAL" ?
2. If the copy I attached was not recognized as "ORIGINAL", then will I need to order another copy from the Test Center, then re-mail it to the CIC with the envelope, which includes the copy of the test results totally staying sealed?

Thanks ahead for any help in clarifying the word "ORIGINAL".

Dr_Midnite

Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2014
Doc's Request.
21-03-2014
AOR Received.
19-02-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
31-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 30-10-2014
LANDED..........
15-11-2014
Hi

Simple, they want the original document, not a scan, not a picture and not a photocopy.

Mr results we received in a sealed envelope, I left the envelope sealed and sent this to CIC. I printed a copy of my test results when they were available on-line for my records.

Sounds like CIC are questioning the document you sent, I assume you opened the sealed envelop?

Thx

A

Angel1981

Jun 29, 2014
kl681 said:
Hello All,
--First sorry for the potential possibility of making any duplicated thread here as I have not come across something really related or helpful to what occurred to my first CEC application dated mid June.
And the key question I have had is the word "ORIGINAL" defined by the CIC.

--What I did regarding attaching my CEC qualified IELTS results when mailing the whole application:
I just simply attached that one piece of the test results paper with my application, as in the first place I received 2 copies of the test results in total in a sealed envelope from an official Test Center.

--However, the letter I recently received from the CIC states that all test results must be ORIGINAL, so my questions are:
1. To what extent a test results copy can be said "ORIGINAL" ?
2. If the copy I attached was not recognized as "ORIGINAL", then will I need to order another copy from the Test Center, then re-mail it to the CIC with the envelope, which includes the copy of the test results totally staying sealed?

Thanks ahead for any help in clarifying the word "ORIGINAL".
At the time of registering for the IELTS, I was asked if I needed the Test report for Immigration and I said YES. Then the lady signed me up for 2 test reports, one for the CIC and one for my personal records. On the day I collected my test results, I opened the envelope and found two reports. On one of the reports, it was mentioned that " This TRF is for CIC only". I asked the lady if I am supposed to send this particular test report and she said YES. I would suggest that you check the test report that is with you now and see if it has any written notes that mentions the CIC. If so, you may be required to send that particular copy. Hope this makes sense.

I don't think you are supposed to send a sealed envelope from IELTS.

kl681

Jun 5, 2014
Dr_Midnite said:
Hi

Simple, they want the original document, not a scan, not a picture and not a photocopy.

Mr results we received in a sealed envelope, I left the envelope sealed and sent this to CIC. I printed a copy of my test results when they were available on-line for my records.

Sounds like CIC are questioning the document you sent, I assume you opened the sealed envelop?

Thx

A

Thank you for your reply.

In the envelope that I received from the Test Center, there were TWO identical copies of the test report, none of which had a note on it indicating "This copy is for CIC only", then I just sent one of those two copies to the CIC,.
So my question is: Should I not open the envelope? If so, do I need to re-send the test results(one copy) in a sealed envelope? (Guess that way would look more serious and authoritative?)

kl681

Jun 5, 2014
Angel1981 said:
At the time of registering for the IELTS, I was asked if I needed the Test report for Immigration and I said YES. Then the lady signed me up for 2 test reports, one for the CIC and one for my personal records. On the day I collected my test results, I opened the envelope and found two reports. On one of the reports, it was mentioned that " This TRF is for CIC only". I asked the lady if I am supposed to send this particular test report and she said YES. I would suggest that you check the test report that is with you now and see if it has any written notes that mentions the CIC. If so, you may be required to send that particular copy. Hope this makes sense.

I don't think you are supposed to send a sealed envelope from IELTS.

What else should I do if those two copies that I received in a sealed envelope were completely identical?
So instead of just mailing out a piece of paper, will I still need to keep the envelope sealed when mailing out the test results? (That way would look more authoritative.)

Thank you!

Angel1981

Jun 29, 2014
kl681 said:
What else should I do if those two copies that I received in a sealed envelope were completely identical?
So instead of just mailing out a piece of paper, will I still need to keep the envelope sealed when mailing out the test results? (That way would look more authoritative.)

Thank you!
In my honest opinion, both your copies are original and since you say that there is no notes for cec on either of them as was in my case, you are entitled to send either of them. But since the case manager/immigration officer is requesting you to send an "ORIGINAL", I smell some misinterpretation from your case manager. I don't see how putting it in a sealed envelope will make the TRF an "ORIGINAL". If you did not send a photocopy of the TRF, then it is highly possible that there is a misunderstanding from the case manager's side.

The original TRF will be green in color with original signatures. There is nothing more to it to make it ORIGINAL.

And also, the TRF stands out among the other documents as it is a bit longer than A4 sheet, so there is not much chance to be unnoticed by the case manager. However, this is my understanding. May be I am not being of much help here.

canvan14

May 8, 2014
I don't remember having any particular writing on the test results indicating which copy for CIC. I did receive two copies in a sealed envelope. I opened it and sent one of them. As mentioned above, original means no photocopy, no scan and no picture.

Dr_Midnite

Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2014
Doc's Request.
21-03-2014
AOR Received.
19-02-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
31-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 30-10-2014
LANDED..........
15-11-2014
Hi

To clarify, I received 2 copies. 1 was in a sealed envelope, on the outside of the envelope there was a stamp saying to be opened by CIC. This is what I sent; the other copy was for my file. I also printed a copy of the results from the web page.

As I said in my earlier post, for some reason the officer does not believe you have sent the original document.

Thx

A