+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about PGWP if I want to go home for that time

MykPolishchuk

Dec 23, 2015
Hello guys.
Applied for PGWP and the average waiting time is 120 day.
Still deciding to stay in Canada for that period or going home waiting for the result. (really homesick)

The things that frightens me are interview and sending passport if visa is aproved.
Who knows if it's mendatory to have an interview, and if it's necessary to interview in Canada? Or may be it's possible to do interview in Canadian ambassy abroad.

And how much time they give you to bring them passport for visa?

And of course, is it actually possible to leave canada and still get the PGWP visa?

Thnx a lot in advance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

MykPolishchuk said:
Hello guys.
Applied for PGWP and the average waiting time is 120 day.
Still deciding to stay in Canada for that period or going home waiting for the result. (really homesick)

The things that frightens me are interview and sending passport if visa is aproved.
Who knows if it's mendatory to have an interview, and if it's necessary to interview in Canada? Or may be it's possible to do interview in Canadian ambassy abroad.

And how much time they give you to bring them passport for visa?

And of course, is it actually possible to leave canada and still get the PGWP visa?

Thnx a lot in advance.
1. There is no interview in %99.99 of cases, IRC either issues the PGWP if you are eligible or refuses it, if you are not eligible.
2. You don't send your passport to receive a PGWP.
3. Yes, but you would a valid TRV to return to Canada, if you are from a NON visa exempt country.

MykPolishchuk

Dec 23, 2015
Thnx a lot
3. Yes, but you would a valid TRV to return to Canada, if you are from a NON visa exempt country.
Sorry, still little confused. I graduated few days ago, applied for PGWP. My student visa expires 31dec... Isn't PGWP one of the TRV's?
Or on the border, can i show the proof that i was granted the PGWP and enter the country? ( i don't need to come back to canada before i get PGWP)

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
MykPolishchuk said:
Thnx a lot
Sorry, still little confused. I graduated few days ago, applied for PGWP. My student visa expires 31dec... Isn't PGWP one of the TRV's?
Or on the border, can i show the proof that i was granted the PGWP and enter the country? ( i don't need to come back to canada before i get PGWP)
no PGWP is post graduate work permit . Visa and permit are two separate documents Visa is required to enter Canada and once entered u get a permit(work permit, study permit, visitors permit) which lets u legally stay in canada for a specified period of time. Without visa u cannot enter Canada unless ur from a country that is visa exempt.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
MykPolishchuk said:
Oh... so difficult) So it means i have to apply for visa separetely and PGWP is not a condition to recieve a visa?
u will have to attach ur study permit or PGWP for ur visa application. its not like the first time u applied for study permit and u got both together.

stephvera

Dec 23, 2015
Hi Everyone! I am wondering if anyone can tell me about the PGWP. If you finish your Master's program earlier that is before 2 years, would you still get a 3 years PGWP?

Thanks in advance, Best,
Stephanie W.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

stephvera said:
Hi Everyone! I am wondering if anyone can tell me about the PGWP. If you finish your Master's program earlier that is before 2 years, would you still get a 3 years PGWP?

Thanks in advance, Best,
Stephanie W.

No, you won't get anything after 90 days post graduation. Even if you are taking second program, the gap between two programs must not be more than 2 years.