+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about Express Entry

mysarwar

Aug 12, 2016
Ok..so I decided to post on this forum because my express entry profile was found to be ineligible. I was found to be eligible in the Come to Canada wizard, but when I completed my profile I was found to be ineligible. The only reason I can think of is that I answered "No" for "Did you have your credentials evaluated?". My documents are with WES and they are reviewing them at the moment, so I thought I could go back in and change that once I received them. But now since I have been found to be ineligible, I can not modify my app. Here are my questions:

1. Will this ineligibility have an effect on my future application(s)?
2. I have about 3.5 years of total full time experience. 1 year is after I graduated...and before that it was a research assistantship (still in my field). Do I classify the research assistantship for the NOC code of my field or 4012 (Post-secondary Teaching & Research Assistants), next time? I used 4012 for this application.
3. What are other common reasons for ineligibility? My IELTS score was band 9 for all sections, I have the appropriate amount of work experience (right?), for my age I should be getting full points, and I have a Bachelor's degree and a Certificate in Leadership. Any ideas?
4. I also have other work experience but it is in other fields. Does that count towards the duration of employment for my EE profile? Or does is it only the experience in my field that counts?

Thank you in advance for all your help. I am looking forward to your responses.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mysarwar said:
Ok..so I decided to post on this forum because my express entry profile was found to be ineligible. I was found to be eligible in the Come to Canada wizard, but when I completed my profile I was found to be ineligible. The only reason I can think of is that I answered "No" for "Did you have your credentials evaluated?". My documents are with WES and they are reviewing them at the moment, so I thought I could go back in and change that once I received them. But now since I have been found to be ineligible, I can not modify my app. Here are my questions:

You are correct; your profile is ineligible because of your missing ECA. You cannot create a profile without it.

1. Will this ineligibility have an effect on my future application(s)?
No.

2. I have about 3.5 years of total full time experience. 1 year is after I graduated...and before that it was a research assistantship (still in my field). Do I classify the research assistantship for the NOC code of my field or 4012 (Post-secondary Teaching & Research Assistants), next time? I used 4012 for this application.
Firstly, if this research assistanceship was undertaken while you were enrolled as a full-time student, it doesn't count towards your work experience. If this is the case, you needn't include it in your work history, because you do not get points for it.

Otherwise, go through the list of job duties for each NOC, and see which one is a better match for you.

3. What are other common reasons for ineligibility? My IELTS score was band 9 for all sections, I have the appropriate amount of work experience (right?), for my age I should be getting full points, and I have a Bachelor's degree and a Certificate in Leadership. Any ideas?
You've covered the main ones.
But as I said in answer to question 2, if your time as a research assistant was while you were enrolled in full-time study, it doesn't count.

4. I also have other work experience but it is in other fields. Does that count towards the duration of employment for my EE profile? Or does is it only the experience in my field that counts?
It counts as long as it was skill level A, B, or O.

Thank you in advance for all your help. I am looking forward to your responses.