+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about Citizen Application - CIT 0002 (10-2017) E

sajidn

Jul 9, 2013
Hi,
I have a few questions about the new citizenship application form CIT 0002 (10-2017) E:

1. Section 6: List all names that you have used.....
If I have not changed my name ever, do I still have to fill in that name in table provided? Reason to ask this question is that the description in 6 simply says 'List all names that you have used, including name at birth, maiden name, .....' but the help says 'If you have ever used any other names other than the one being requested in the grant of citizenship, print them in the chart.

2. Section 9 c: During the eligibility period did you live outside of Canada (Y/N)
Do I still say 'Yes' even if I am not claiming any days in Canada when I was living outside of Canada before getting the PR in Sep 2013 or from Oct 2013 till Jul 2014 when I moved in Canada permanently?

The eligibility period is specified as 5 year immediately before the application date, for example Jan 31, 2013 if the application date is Jan 31, 2018 and I got my PR in Sep 2013. I stayed for two weeks in Canada in Sep 2013 then went back to my previous place of residence and then moved to Canada permanently in Jul 2014. I still meet the 1,095 days requirement for the days that I have been in Canada since Jul 2014.

If I say 'Yes' it asks me to fill in the form 'Residence Outside of Canada' CIT 0177 which is for Crown Servants and their Spouse, which I am not!

If I say 'No' I am not giving the correct reply as I was actually living outside of Canada, just that I am not claiming any days for it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Sajid

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
1) Just put your usual name, you can't go wrong this way :)
2) Give the expected answer, yes. Since that means you need to fill the useless crown servant form, put n/a everywhere there. You may, in addition to CIT0177, add an explanation letter where you specify that you don't want to claim any day outside Canada.

Good luck wih your application !