+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question related to visitor record

Oct 4, 2024
Hi everyone,

My visitor record got approved recently and it will be last for about a year. I am planning to fly back to India due to some urgent family issue. I will be back to Canada in about three weeks. My visitor visa is still valid for another year. When I come back to Canada, how long can I stay? Would it be the common rule which is 6 months after entered time? Or would it follow the time in my visitor record? I appreciate to all the advice and thoughts.

PS: I did send a Web Form to IRCC, the agent seems does not know the answer and just copy and paste the "Visitor Visa Q&A" in IRCC website and throw the email back to me............

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone,

My visitor record got approved recently and it will be last for about a year. I am planning to fly back to India due to some urgent family issue. I will be back to Canada in about three weeks. My visitor visa is still valid for another year. When I come back to Canada, how long can I stay? Would it be the common rule which is 6 months after entered time? Or would it follow the time in my visitor record? I appreciate to all the advice and thoughts.

PS: I did send a Web Form to IRCC, the agent seems does not know the answer and just copy and paste the "Visitor Visa Q&A" in IRCC website and throw the email back to me............
CBSA will determine that upon re-entry. If passport is not stamped then can stay up to 6 months. VR is canceled once you leave Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

Partially depends on whether CBSA determines you are a genuine visitor and can support yourself without working. A TRV doesn’t guarantee entry into Canada it allows you to be assessed for entry into Canada. Why are you visiting Canada and how long have you been visiting? Can you show you have the funds to support your visit Canada? What are your ties to your home country? These are the type of things that determine entry into Canada.