+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding PGWP

DPJA7

Feb 15, 2022
Hello folks, I’m in a bit of an odd situation here:

I received my completion letter on the 27th of January, 2022 and had a consultant apply for my work permit on the 28th of April, 2022, about one day past the expiry of my study permit. However, the actual date of expiry on my study permit says MAY 2022, but I know this will not be the case when assessing my application. However, the issue now is that my agent did not restore my status as a student when applying for the permit that day and 90 days have now passed for my restoration period. Should I leave Canada and is this going to affect my future applications to other countries or being readmitted to Canada and be counted as an overstay? Can I explain the situation or am I absolutely done?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello folks, I’m in a bit of an odd situation here:

I received my completion letter on the 27th of January, 2022 and had a consultant apply for my work permit on the 28th of April, 2022, about one day past the expiry of my study permit. However, the actual date of expiry on my study permit says MAY 2022, but I know this will not be the case when assessing my application. However, the issue now is that my agent did not restore my status as a student when applying for the permit that day and 90 days have now passed for my restoration period. Should I leave Canada and is this going to affect my future applications to other countries or being readmitted to Canada and be counted as an overstay? Can I explain the situation or am I absolutely done?
1. As long as your application was received by CIC before May/22 (expiry of study permit) then you are fine. No need for restoration,

DPJA7

Feb 15, 2022
Hey, that’s a relief to hear, how about the rule that says your study permit expires 90 days from the date on the letter of completion? Will that not apply in this case? Because according to that rule, I supposedly have applied with an expired study permit as the date on my letter of completion says 27th January and subsequently, 27th April should have been the end of the 90 day validity period.