+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding Indian PCC

nihalp

Jan 4, 2019
Hi all,

My wife and I applied for an Indian PCC from CGI San Francisco and just received it today. Upon checking the documents, we noticed a discrepancy in the wording of our documents.

My wife's PCC says
"This is to certify that there is no adverse information in respect of (name) holder of an Indian Passport No. (passport number) issued at (place) on (date) which would render her ineligible for the grant of travel facilities including visa for Canada".

While mine says
"This is to certify that there is no adverse information in respect of (name) holder of an Indian Passport No. (passport number) issued at (place) on (date) which would render him ineligible for the grant of travel facilities including visa for India".

I don't know why mine says India instead of Canada. The person behind the counter asked me what country I’m applying for and I said Canada.

My question is does it matter what the country is at the end of the sentence or will I have to reapply for another PCC? Do you think I can submit this certificate as is with a LoE explaining the error?

I would appreciate any help. Thank you!

Takentaken421

Aug 30, 2018
It's a mistake from their end. Country should be mentioned as Canada. Although it is unlikely to cause rejection but if I were you, I would have got this corrected to have a peace of mind.

Reactions: nihalp

nihalp

Jan 4, 2019
It's a mistake from their end. Country should be mentioned as Canada. Although it is unlikely to cause rejection but if I were you, I would have got this corrected to have a peace of mind.
Thanks for the reply.
Definitely! I will be attempting to get this corrected but given that the deadline for accepting my ITA is just about a month away, I need to have a backup plan just in case they ask me to reapply. Do you think an LoE explaining the error will suffice?

Takentaken421

Aug 30, 2018
Yes, if you don't have enough time to wait for new one, you can submit what you have and explain this in LOE. I remember reading somewhere that you can submit your application if your PCC is pending, but I would submit the current one and explain in LOE. Meantime, request for a new one, just in case they ask for it.

Reactions: nihalp

dauntless84

Sep 25, 2017
Yes, if you don't have enough time to wait for new one, you can submit what you have and explain this in LOE. I remember reading somewhere that you can submit your application if your PCC is pending, but I would submit the current one and explain in LOE. Meantime, request for a new one, just in case they ask for it.

Hi Guys,

I'm in a similar scenario where we are waiting for the Indian PCC and still haven't received it. What proof of document should we provide to show them that we applied? We have the receipts of payments for the Indian Consulate as well as the money order receipts. Would that be enough?

Dan

Ashtush

Apr 7, 2017
Hi Guys,

I'm in a similar scenario where we are waiting for the Indian PCC and still haven't received it. What proof of document should we provide to show them that we applied? We have the receipts of payments for the Indian Consulate as well as the money order receipts. Would that be enough?

Dan
Yup ! Proof of doc will be enough in the mean time .

Th2k

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Hey guys! There were a mistake on my name in my PCC. My name is Vilfrant and they wrote Vilfant. I raised a CSE and uploaded one with my name corrected. Am I safe to avoid rejection?

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Hey guys! There were a mistake on my name in my PCC. My name is Vilfrant and they wrote Vilfant. I raised a CSE and uploaded one with my name corrected. Am I safe to avoid rejection?
Case officer is under no obligation to consider this CSE or any other for the matter, simply beacuse you signed off the application and by doing so you declare that all information included is correct without any shadow of doubt and hence you can only hope for the best. Just wait till you at MEP stage and by then you would know if it was accepted or not.

Regards,,,

Th2k

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Case officer is under no obligation to consider this CSE or any other for the matter, simply beacuse you signed off the application and by doing so you declare that all information included is correct without any shadow of doubt and hence you can only hope for the best. Just wait till you at MEP stage and by then you would know if it was accepted or not.

Regards,,,
OK hooefully they will consider the CSE since its the only error in my application. My last name is Vilfrant and they wrote Vilfant. Just the "r" is missing.

Reactions: yiso91