+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding income

zenbeast

Aug 6, 2017
I've been doing some research regarding the spousal sponsorship and in particular the sponsor's ability to provide the spousal partner with the basic necessities.

In my case my (soon to be) wife would still be attending college and currently has no job as she is fully dedicated to her studies. We do however have a roof over our head as my in-laws generously offered for us both to live with them for the next couple of years, they also provide us with the basic needs that are mentioned in the requirements of spousal sponsorship.

My question is: Would this situation satisfy the immigration officer?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I've been doing some research regarding the spousal sponsorship and in particular the sponsor's ability to provide the spousal partner with the basic necessities.

In my case my (soon to be) wife would still be attending college and currently has no job as she is fully dedicated to her studies. We do however have a roof over our head as my in-laws generously offered for us both to live with them for the next couple of years, they also provide us with the basic needs that are mentioned in the requirements of spousal sponsorship.

My question is: Would this situation satisfy the immigration officer?
Yes, family support is perfectly acceptable. Get a notarized letter from your in laws confirming they will support you. You can also show your own income, savings, income potential etc.