+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

question regarding IMM5532 Monthly gross salary / income

marlander

Jan 17, 2018
For this question, can I assume that they are asking for the amount in Canadian Dollars? They don't allow you to select a specific currency or input anything other than numbers here so would I need to convert from my home currency to Canadian dollars using whatever is the current exchange rate? Or should I handwrite in the currency I am using after printing out the filled in form?

KayEll

Sep 15, 2017
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
05-07-2017
Doc's Request.
23-08-2017
AOR Received.
10-08-2017
File Transfer...
10-10-2017
Med's Request
18-08-2017
Med's Done....
21-08-2017
Passport Req..
06-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2018
LANDED..........
24-06-2018
For this question, can I assume that they are asking for the amount in Canadian Dollars? They don't allow you to select a specific currency or input anything other than numbers here so would I need to convert from my home currency to Canadian dollars using whatever is the current exchange rate? Or should I handwrite in the currency I am using after printing out the filled in form?
Aren't u in Canada doing the sponsorship? Then i'd assume u work in Canada?
But either way, yes, it would be in Canadian dollars.

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
Aren't u in Canada doing the sponsorship? Then i'd assume u work in Canada?
But either way, yes, it would be in Canadian dollars.
The OP may not be in Canada at all. Canadian Citizens do not have to be in Canada to sponsor a spouse (though they must show active intent to return to Canada once the application is approved). Non-citizen PR's do have the requirement to be in Canada in order to sponsor a family member, however.

I would say use the Bank of Canada exchange rates. It's what the CRA uses when looking at foreign earned income for Canadian taxpayers too:
https://www.bankofcanada.ca/rates/exchange/

marlander

Jan 17, 2018
The OP may not be in Canada at all. Canadian Citizens do not have to be in Canada to sponsor a spouse (though they must show active intent to return to Canada once the application is approved). Non-citizen PR's do have the requirement to be in Canada in order to sponsor a family member, however.

I would say use the Bank of Canada exchange rates. It's what the CRA uses when looking at foreign earned income for Canadian taxpayers too:
https://www.bankofcanada.ca/rates/exchange/
Yup, I'm not in Canada and am applying Outland to sponsor my spouse. Thanks for the link and will use this to convert my salary to Canadian dollars. Do you think it's necessary to handwrite in CDN after the $ to ensure there is no confusion? I suppose it couldn't hurt and this form doesn't have the verification barcode.