+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding dependent passport stamping - Ready for visa

Sree2750

Star Member
Oct 27, 2021
I am the primary applicant (inland) - CEC and my spouse is Outland. We have recently received the passport submission request for the dependent. Can someone tell me if the document number is updated on the portal once the passport has been stamped? Trying to know what is the best way to confirm that the stamping has been completed?

Thanks.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
I am the primary applicant (inland) - CEC and my spouse is Outland. We have recently received the passport submission request for the dependent. Can someone tell me if the document number is updated on the portal once the passport has been stamped? Trying to know what is the best way to confirm that the stamping has been completed?

Thanks.
The best way is the have tracking on the Passport. Once the return tracking is active, then you know the passport has been stamped and on the way back. The portal will not tell you anything about outland stamping. Its your profile not the spouse.

Sree2750

Star Member
Oct 27, 2021
The best way is the have tracking on the Passport. Once the return tracking is active, then you know the passport has been stamped and on the way back. The portal will not tell you anything about outland stamping. Its your profile not the spouse.
Thanks a lot! that helps! Do you know if there is any dependency between my ecopr and the stamping? or are they independent, i have already sent dependent passport for stamping!

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
The spousal PR is dependent on yours. So if the outland spouse got the passport request, then it means your PR was approved as well. Because they are outland the process is handled different which is why they got the request first while you are still waiting to get the COPR document on the portal. That's just how it is. However, your spouse can not travel to Canada on the PR visa until you the primary applicant get the COPR. While the email (portal 1) says it is approved, you are technically not a PR holder until the COPR is issued. Similarly, the outland spouse is not a PR holder until they have landed and the border agent signs their copy.

Sree2750

Star Member
Oct 27, 2021
The spousal PR is dependent on yours. So if the outland spouse got the passport request, then it means your PR was approved as well. Because they are outland the process is handled different which is why they got the request first while you are still waiting to get the COPR document on the portal. That's just how it is. However, your spouse can not travel to Canada on the PR visa until you the primary applicant get the COPR. While the email (portal 1) says it is approved, you are technically not a PR holder until the COPR is issued. Similarly, the outland spouse is not a PR holder until they have landed and the border agent signs their copy.
Thanks a lot!! Your explanations are excellent, helped me understand quite a bit!!

Sharif36

Mar 4, 2021
Hi, did you get your depends passport back with stamping? I am also same boat. Just 2 days back sent my depends passport to vfs for visa stamp but me (principle applicant) have not received ecopr yet, just replied portal 1 email 3 days back.