+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding BOWP 'WP-EXT only except PGWP'

tariq_z

Feb 15, 2019
Hi, I'm on a PGWP which is about to expire in May so I had applied for BOWP. Today I got a letter with subject "WP-EXT only except PGWP" and the first paragraph says:

Please attach this letter to your present work permit Number ___________________ as proof that you are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until __________________________ or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first. This extended period of work is authorized as per subsection 186(u) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. If you leave Canada before a decision is made on your application, you will no longer be authorized to continue working.
What I wish to know is that I applied for bridging OPEN work permit, but this letter states 'same conditions i.e. employer and occupation' so does this mean that I now have to continue working with my current employer or can I change my current job?
Also, I had selected apply for work permit with same employer instead of apply for work permit for the first time or with a new employer. But under what type of work permit are you applying for I had selected open work permit. So will I be issued a closed work permit instead of an open work permit?
I had also attached a letter of explanation that stated that I'm apply for an open work permit under the new public policy.

shalinder

Star Member
Mar 14, 2019
toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Please attach this letter to your present work permit Number as proof that you are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first. This extended period of work is authorized as per subsection 186(u) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. If you leave Canada before a decision is made on your application, you will no longer be authorized to continue working

Hi We got the same letter. What does this mean?

I applied BOWP for my husband.