+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question on "What Happens Next" section in the Instruction Guide 5553

nomadron

Nov 18, 2010
Hi All,

To change the status of my work permit (i.e, new employer), I chose to use an application of IMM1249 forms and its related documents using the paper basis since it tooks shorter processing times of 40 days (but now it is 44 days!) as compared to the online one.
My question is related to the Instruction Guide 5553 at the "What Happens Next?" section, it is written: "You will receive a letter regarding your case and you will be informed if you need to take any further action."
- What kind of a letter is it? Is it a confirmation letter? (Does anybody experience about this?)
- Does it mean that I should receive the letter some days after I send paper-application? (I send my application on March 23 and poorly so far I have not received any letter yet.)

Thanks you so much in advance for all of your answers.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nomadron said:
Hi All,

To change the status of my work permit (i.e, new employer), I chose to use an application of IMM1249 forms and its related documents using the paper basis since it tooks shorter processing times of 40 days (but now it is 44 days!) as compared to the online one.
My question is related to the Instruction Guide 5553 at the "What Happens Next?" section, it is written: "You will receive a letter regarding your case and you will be informed if you need to take any further action."
- What kind of a letter is it? Is it a confirmation letter? (Does anybody experience about this?)
- Does it mean that I should receive the letter some days after I send paper-application? (I send my application on March 23 and poorly so far I have not received any letter yet.)

Thanks you so much in advance for all of your answers.
You will either receive a new work permit or a letter saying that your file has been transferred to a local CIC office for further review.

nomadron

Nov 18, 2010
rjessome said:
You will either receive a new work permit or a letter saying that your file has been transferred to a local CIC office for further review.
Many thanks rjessome ...