+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question on Proof of Fund after ITA under FSW

Madhur.Patwary

Star Member
Aug 3, 2023
Hi All,
I just recently got an ITA via PNP (Alberta) under the Federal Skilled Worker Program through Express Entry Program.

Now as part of the Document Checklist - we have the Proof of Funds requirement.

As, per https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29, it says that

If you are invited to apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program or Federal Skilled Trades Program, you will need to show that you meet the settlement funds requirement unless you:
  • are currently authorized to work in Canada, and
  • have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada.
The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer.

So currently, I am both authorized to Work in Canada as I have a Valid work permit until 2025/05/06, and also have a Valid Job Offer (Have a Deputation Letter with Role, Salary, Canada Address in Company Letter Head) as mentioned on the Work Permit. Note, i dont have LMIA as i came here via an ICT (Intra Company Transfer)

So, i wanted to clarify, do i still need to show proof of funds? If Not - how and where should i upload a Letter explaining that I have a valid job offer and authorized to work in Canada? What content should be added as part of the Letter ?

Anybody has experience in this regard?

Thanks in advance
Madhur