Carlosmunoz08

Jul 22, 2018
Philippines
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-19
Hi everyone,

I am curious to understand one item in the eligibility requirements to apply for citizenship. In the website it says "You may need to file taxes in Canada for at least 3 years during the 5 years right before the date you apply."

My family and I have been in Canada for little over three years. However, our first tax filing had zero income in it (cause we were still looking for work). Am I correct in assuming that it should be okay? Since the filing itself was done and in the requirements, it doesn't really indicate a minimum income earned for each filing.

Any thoughts or maybe sharing of similar experience would be greatly appreciated.

Paperplanes

Aug 11, 2022
Hi everyone,

I am curious to understand one item in the eligibility requirements to apply for citizenship. In the website it says "You may need to file taxes in Canada for at least 3 years during the 5 years right before the date you apply."

My family and I have been in Canada for little over three years. However, our first tax filing had zero income in it (cause we were still looking for work). Am I correct in assuming that it should be okay? Since the filing itself was done and in the requirements, it doesn't really indicate a minimum income earned for each filing.

Any thoughts or maybe sharing of similar experience would be greatly appreciated.
Once you've filed your taxes than you are ok. No minimum income earned necessary.

Reactions: Carlosmunoz08