+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[Question] OINP - Expression of Interest - Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker stream

amazingpaddy

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
HI All,

I came to Canada (Mississauga, Ontario) last year august as a open work permit holder. I got a permanent job (NO LMEA) in Cognizant here and working since then.
I recently came to know about OINP Expression of Interest - Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker stream and I have few questions.

1. Does it need express entry profile. In many YouTube videos, they mentioned that express entry profile is not required and directly apply for Expression of Interest if eligible
2. I have a full time permanent Job here but I didn't get the offer via LMEA. Am I eligible ? In the website, Under Employer offer requirements, they mentioned something like below which I am very confused. It mentioned

• demonstrate that enough effort was made to recruit a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident prior to offering the position to you (this only applies if you are currently living outside Canada or working outside of Ontario)

Employer Requirements

So this means, NO LMEA required if I am inside Canada ? and I am eligible to apply for OINP Expression of interest ?