+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question for the people who have dealt with the Embassy in Damascus

KA

Mar 16, 2011
Hi All,
I'm new into this sitem I would really appreciate your help to answer some questions, I have received bellow email from the Embassy in Damascus to send my passport and I'm not clear on the followings:

1- Can I peronsally hand my passport to the embassy instead of sending it by DHL to speed the process? and how many days it will take if I go in person?
2- What documents do I need to take besides the passport and pictures?
3- What does it mean that there is no guarantee that the visa will be issued?

I really appreciate your help here .... I'm worried.

Thanks

REQUEST FOR SUBMISSION OF PASSPORTS
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. We are now in the final stages of processing and request that you send the following documents to our office in Damascus, Syria:

ORIGINAL individual valid passport, for yourself.
2 recent photos (35 mm x 45 mm, white background) for yourself.

If the validity date of your visa is shorter than two months, we recommend you to submit your passport directly to our office in Damascus. This will allow us to return your passport to you much faster and will give you as much time as possible to travel to Canada.

Please note, this does not guarantee that a visa will be issued.

Your passport MUST be received at our Embassy in Damascus no later than 30 days from the date of this letter. You are strongly encouraged to send your passport via courier (If this service is available in your country) to avoid wait times at the Embassy.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...