+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question for Education requirement on Masters for CEC

kindbeans

May 25, 2011
Hi, can I ask what the below in bold means? A one year Master's program done in my home country or I have to actually do the Master's program in Canada and what does 'an additional year of education' mean? What if my Master's program is 2 years?

Please help, thanks.

a full-time Canadian post-secondary educational program of at least two years or
a one-year Master’s program (certificates and diplomas cannot be counted) and an additional year of education, obtained in Canada, before admission into the one-year program (for a total of two years)

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
kindbeans said:
Hi, can I ask what the below in bold means? A one year Master's program done in my home country or I have to actually do the Master's program in Canada and what does 'an additional year of education' mean? What if my Master's program is 2 years?
Yes, the masters program must be completed in Canada, of course!

This refers to a special case where a one year program (Masters degree only) may be combined with prior education in Canada to be eligible. Usually, to be eligible, the education program must be a minimum of 2 years.

If you are doing a 2-year master's degree in Canada, then it would meet the requirements.