+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about using different NOCs

keen2

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
Folks, would like to get your opinion whether what I am thinking is possible and allowed.

My primary NOC code is 2173 (Software Engineer). Then I had past experience where my job title was Java Developer (2174) but the roles/responsibilities can justify the roles & duties of a Software Engineer (2173) is doing.

Is it allowed if I consider my Java Developer experience under Software Engineer NOC? Merge them so I have a higher number of work experience (years)?

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
keen2 said:
Folks, would like to get your opinion whether what I am thinking is possible and allowed.

My primary NOC code is 2173 (Software Engineer). Then I had past experience where my job title was Java Developer (2174) but the roles/responsibilities can justify the roles & duties of a Software Engineer (2173) is doing.

Is it allowed if I consider my Java Developer experience under Software Engineer NOC? Merge them so I have a higher number of work experience (years)?
Possibly, but 2174 lists 'Software Developer' as a common job title, I'm not sure if they'd interpret 'Java Developer' as being 2174 based on the title when there is an overlap in the roles and duties.

keen2

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
Right, I'm not also clear about overlapping roles/duties. Are they (CIC) going to base first on job title (must?) then followed by duties? That's the question.

I hope then can allow it. There are cases also where corporations are giving titles like Engineer 1, 2, 3.. and so on. But they are actually programmer or developers. Will such titles be considered under 'software programmer' or even 'software developer' with a given employment letter having detailed duties as proof?