+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about strange address

gg_godd

Apr 17, 2012
hey guys, form IMM5669 question 12. ADDRESSES asks for my wifes addresses since the age of 18
it asks for street number and name, city, province, and country

city province and country are no problem but in Costa Rica the streets are not named and the majority of houses and buildings are not numbered

someones address looks like this

1km al este de la fabrica Holcim y 150mts norte de la entrada principal urbanization el prado, San Pedro, Costa Rica
or in english
1 km east of the Holcim Factory and 150 mts north of Prado Communities main entrance, San Pedro, Costa Rica

So any advice as to how I should answer this is appreciated, Im not sure if I should translate the addresses into english?
Should I offer an explanation? Maybe answer in spanish and English?

Thanks for any input

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
How would the address be on an envelope if someone had to mail a letter say from Canada to Costa Rica? The address on the envelop would have to be in English. Mention the same address on the form. In short, use 'postal address'

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gg_godd said:
hey guys, form IMM5669 question 12. ADDRESSES asks for my wifes addresses since the age of 18
it asks for street number and name, city, province, and country

city province and country are no problem but in Costa Rica the streets are not named and the majority of houses and buildings are not numbered

someones address looks like this

1km al este de la fabrica Holcim y 150mts norte de la entrada principal urbanization el prado, San Pedro, Costa Rica
or in english
1 km east of the Holcim Factory and 150 mts north of Prado Communities main entrance, San Pedro, Costa Rica

So any advice as to how I should answer this is appreciated, Im not sure if I should translate the addresses into english?
Should I offer an explanation? Maybe answer in spanish and English?

Thanks for any input
Use the address as it is used locally. If you are applying through the visa office that covers Costa Rica they should be used to it so a short explanation would suffice, otherwise be more detailed in your explanation as you were above.

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
gg_godd said:
The form clearly says do not us P.O.Box Addresses
Postal address does not necessarily mean P O Box address!

weary-damsil31

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
April 28,2012
LANDED..........
July 10/14
i have the same problem since in the Philippines there is no street name or numbers of houses especially my parents address wherein located in a very remote area.I couldnt give anything except for example:Curva Miagao, Salvador,Lanao del Norte,Philippines but i provided the explanation about this.

Do you guys think it is acceptable?

pls anyone?otherwise i have to redo all the forms again.:(

weary-damsil31

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
April 28,2012
LANDED..........
July 10/14
can anyone answer my question pls?thank you.

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
weary-damsil31 said:
can anyone answer my question pls?thank you.
i think you should call cic or your VO in costa rica to confirm before you submit your application. you are not supposed to write any language other than english in the forms but if you write address in english then VO might have some problems in sending PPR and visa. So i think you should contact your VO and try to find someone on this forum from same VO (who has same issues)
best of luck

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
For applicants from China, it is also a bit tricky with the addresses, though nothing like Costa Rica.

For China, I included the English version of the address (or Pinyin where there was no translation for the Chinese). I added appendixes wherever it asked for an address, just to be on the safe side. For the China guide, it requested for the applicant to provide the addresses (mailing and residential) in Chinese characters. I assume this is to reduce mistakes when sending letters to the applicant.

I surely hope that all correspondence is via e-mail. It doesn't make much sense to send via regular mail (costs $$ and slower). This whole thing about e-mail not being secure is odd...how is regular mail any more secure?

Anyway, in the case of the OP, I'd include an explanation like I did for the Chinese addresses just to make sure CIC is clear.

Good luck!

FS

weary-damsil31

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
April 28,2012
LANDED..........
July 10/14
OhCanadiana said:
Use the address as it is used locally. If you are applying through the visa office that covers Costa Rica they should be used to it so a short explanation would suffice, otherwise be more detailed in your explanation as you were above.
Hi Ohcanadiana,

How about mine in the philippines,in my province where i lived since birth we dont have street name nor house number instead only the name of the barangay or the village. For example: Curva Miagao,Salvador,Lanao del norte. i included an explanation about this.

Do you think it would be fine? pls anyone i have been bothered about this.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
weary-damsil31 said:
Hi Ohcanadiana,

How about mine in the philippines,in my province where i lived since birth we dont have street name nor house number instead only the name of the barangay or the village. For example: Curva Miagao,Salvador,Lanao del norte. i included an explanation about this.

Do you think it would be fine? pls anyone i have been bothered about this.
I would use addresses as they are commonly used in the Philippines and include as many details as exist - you can't very well create a different system, right? The explanation will help folks understand the situation :). Don't worry about it. They can always ask for additional details if they need something specifically. Really, don't worry ;)

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
My husband address in jamaica did not have a street number. It was jus xxx Street, Mount salem, Montego Bay, we had no issues.

weary-damsil31

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
April 28,2012
LANDED..........
July 10/14
Thank you so much Ohcanadiana and Mrslwsn!:) :)