T0RR0

Jan 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I really don't know what is the best way to ask this question, but is getting PR something like a natural and most probableend of the Canadian Experience Class?

In other words, if I graduated from a good university in Canada, have completed 1 year of employment in a managerial position, have no criminal record, my English is great, and have honest plans to build a future in Canada - given all these, should I be confident of getting PR or is it more like a lottery?

Or maybe from a different standpoint, is awarding PR to such young people a individually case driven procedure, or is it subject to general immigration policies at that point in time (e.g. say, there is less need of high-skilled immigrants, thus they reduce the number of granted PRs or anything of that sort)

Second question:
Can I apply for PR before the end of the post graduation work permit? that is, say, exactly 1 year after having a class 0 position. And does that look fine on the application? I have nothing against the job (good money and good position) but the organizational structure and the people I am working with drive me crazy :)

Thank you in advance for your time and effort in answering my questions
Dan

hbic

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
new york
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-jul-2010
AOR Received.
07-dec-2010
File Transfer...
05-apr-2011
Med's Request
20-jul-2011
Med's Done....
03-aug-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-sep-2011
VISA ISSUED...
23-sep-2011
LANDED..........
07-oct-2011
hi t0rr0,

i think you are more qualified to apply for PR. you have all the basic requirements, so you can be confident enough for you application. the only thing i can see, is the information you put in your application. like discrepancies, etc. i know some people that they are having problem with this case. let's say you put the wrong information which we can say an honest mistake, specially the dates.. employment history, and addresses since your 18th bday. you know, it happens right?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As long as you meet all the requirements, it is not a lottery. The one year of work must be done after you graduated.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op25-eng.pdf - page 18 said:
For the Post-Graduation Stream, the applicant must have obtained 12 months of fulltime equivalent Canadian skilled-work experience within the 24 months preceding the
date of application [R87.1(2)(a)(i)-(ii)]. This experience must be acquired after they have
completed the required program of study and obtained a Canadian educational
credential. (Work performed under the Off-Campus Work Permit Program or on a co-op
work term does not count).

T0RR0

Jan 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you very much for your answers

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
T0RR0 said:
I really don't know what is the best way to ask this question, but is getting PR something like a natural and most probable end of the Canadian Experience Class?
In other words, if I graduated from a good university in Canada, have completed 1 year of employment in a managerial position, have no criminal record, my English is great, and have honest plans to build a future in Canada - given all these, should I be confident of getting PR or is it more like a lottery?

I don't know what you mean by "natural," but it is not a lottery - the CEC program is basically pass/fail. You either meet the requirements, or you do not.

Or maybe from a different standpoint, is awarding PR to such young people a individually case driven procedure, or is it subject to general immigration policies at that point in time (e.g. say, there is less need of high-skilled immigrants, thus they reduce the number of granted PRs or anything of that sort)

We are not all so *young* :) It is criteria-driven, but obviously some cases may be harder to judge against the criteria than others. It IS subject to immigration policies which can change at any time, you must be sure that at the time you apply, you have the most recent version of the application guide, forms, etc. But relative to other programs, the criteria have so far been pretty consistent.

Second question:
Can I apply for PR before the end of the post graduation work permit? that is, say, exactly 1 year after having a class 0 position. And does that look fine on the application? I have nothing against the job (good money and good position) but the organizational structure and the people I am working with drive me crazy :)

Yes, you can apply as soon as you meet the requirements., not before. If you complete the 1 year of experience while still on a 3-year PGWP, you can apply. But must have 1 year of work with at least 37.5 hours per week, if it's fewer than 37.5 hours per week, you'll have to work longer... You can change jobs, too, you don't have to stay with the same employer...