+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about PR confirmation portal

salix

May 25, 2023
When I registered for the EE application portal, I used a different email from the one that I later entered in EE profile. In other words, the email address where the EE application portal sends me updates about the application status is different from the one that I listed on my EE profile. Recently, I lost the password of the email address linked to the EE application portal. My question is if my application is approved, will IRCC send the PR confirmation portal email to the email address I listed on my EE profile or the one linked to my EE application portal?

Any help would be much appreciated!

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......
By EEE application portal do you mean GCKey? You can change the communication email address under 'profile'.

salix

May 25, 2023
Thanks cz999!

Yes, it is the GCKey portal and I have already changed that email address under 'profile" yesterday. That email is from a previous employer and recently got disabled around 1 month ago - I didn't take care of it earlier, my bad. A friend applied EE with me at the same time. Yesterday, my friend received the confirmation portal email, and I did not. While I know processing time can differ, just in case, I wonder if it is possible that the confirmation email went to the disabled email box, and if that is the case, what should I do?

Additional information about my situation:
According to the GCKey portal, I passed my medical exams on March 23, my biometrics are completed at April 4. But for my background check status, it says "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check". And in "Reviewing eligibility", it says "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." Does the timeline sounds right?

Thanks a lot again!

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......
Thanks cz999!

Yes, it is the GCKey portal and I have already changed that email address under 'profile" yesterday. That email is from a previous employer and recently got disabled around 1 month ago - I didn't take care of it earlier, my bad. A friend applied EE with me at the same time. Yesterday, my friend received the confirmation portal email, and I did not. While I know processing time can differ, just in case, I wonder if it is possible that the confirmation email went to the disabled email box, and if that is the case, what should I do?

Additional information about my situation:
According to the GCKey portal, I passed my medical exams on March 23, my biometrics are completed at April 4. But for my background check status, it says "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check". And in "Reviewing eligibility", it says "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." Does the timeline sounds right?

Thanks a lot again!
Timeline is normal, I mean I am not sure but you can try raising a webform incoming of the email change too.

salix

May 25, 2023
Thanks, cz999! A bit relieved to know the timeline sounds normal. I will raise a webform as you suggested.

Reactions: cz999