+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about PR card

troy8

May 16, 2012
hello,

i have a question about pr card. my friend is in US and crossed border to land, but he needs come back after just 2 days. he was planning to give his friend's address in canada to the IO and have his PR card mailed there.

however, when he did his landing, and he explained his situation to IO officer, the officer did not accept his plan, saying he can't have the card mailed to anybody except himself. So the officer gave him an piece of paper that he can fill up and sent to Sydney when he decides to finally move permanently to canada.

he told me the form the IO gave him has link for online application. he said he plans to submit it (while still in US), and still put his friend's address so PR card can be mailed there. His friend will then mail it to him.

my question are:

1. can he do that? can he submit the request for PR card while still in US and put a friend's address there?

2. why IO officer did not accept friend's address in canada? i've read some reports here that some people give friend or relatives address to have PR card mailed there.

i'm asking because i plan to do same thing if my application gets approved (hopefully). i plan to actually give his address.

thanks!

dubaiite

May 3, 2011
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
1-11-2012
LANDED..........
24-3-2013
troy8 said:
hello,

i have a question about pr card. my friend is in US and crossed border to land, but he needs come back after just 2 days. he was planning to give his friend's address in canada to the IO and have his PR card mailed there.

however, when he did his landing, and he explained his situation to IO officer, the officer did not accept his plan, saying he can't have the card mailed to anybody except himself. So the officer gave him an piece of paper that he can fill up and sent to Sydney when he decides to finally move permanently to canada.

he told me the form the IO gave him has link for online application. he said he plans to submit it (while still in US), and still put his friend's address so PR card can be mailed there. His friend will then mail it to him.

my question are:

1. can he do that? can he submit the request for PR card while still in US and put a friend's address there?

2. why IO officer did not accept friend's address in canada? i've read some reports here that some people give friend or relatives address to have PR card mailed there.

i'm asking because i plan to do same thing if my application gets approved (hopefully). i plan to actually give his address.

thanks!
Though He can apply while in US online .....but it is the discretion of Canadian Govt.. Whether to send the PR cards or not.... I have seen some cases where if applicant say that he is returning after 2 months, they dont send the cards.......In some cases they get the cards on Friend's / Relative's address ..... Mailing PR cards ouside the country is Illigal ....... IMHO