+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about PPR and US born kid

rich87007

Aug 26, 2022
We have been asked to submit our passports for COPR visa... Me and my wife are Indians living in US on H1b. But our daughter (who is on the Canadian PR application) is a US citizen. Do we have to include her original passport as well or can we just include a photocopy of her passport?

Thanks!

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
why would you submit copy of the passport?
its obvious you have to submit original passport
May be they dont even need to send the passport of a US Citizen. Parents are Indian passport holders they might need a immigrant visa but since daughter is from an visa exempt country only the COPR should do i guess.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
We have been asked to submit our passports for COPR visa... Me and my wife are Indians living in US on H1b. But our daughter (who is on the Canadian PR application) is a US citizen. Do we have to include her original passport as well or can we just include a photocopy of her passport?

Thanks!
May be they dont even need to send the passport of a US Citizen. Parents are Indian passport holders they might need a immigrant visa but since daughter is from an visa exempt country only the COPR should do i guess.
Agree here, US citizens dont need immigrant visa and only copy of passport needs to be submitted, as far as I know. @rich87007 - I suggest you refer this section for better response - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/h-1b-holders-in-the-u-s.59/

Reactions: vkamath

rich87007

Aug 26, 2022
Reactions: vkamath