+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about police certificate timing and in-land app - Not sure what to do!

tattiidee

Jan 15, 2015
Hi everyone,

I have seen many of you give fantastic information/advice and am hoping that you would be able to help me out.

My husband applied to sponsor me in-land in 2014.

Yesterday my husband received a letter stating that he has been approved to sponsor me and that he will need to make a payment for the Right of Permanent Residence Fee. This was followed by a letter that I received letting me know that I have met the requirements and was asked to complete a medical exam and a police certificate from my home country, which is Israel.

The letter says that I need to provide these documents by March 23rd. The problem is that the Israeli Consulate representative told me that the police certificate takes 4-8 weeks to complete, which means it will be past the due date.

I sent an email back to ask what I should do but have not received a response yet. We have been waiting for this application to move forward for such a long time that I would not want to jeopardize anything! The Consulate representative did mention that I will get a confirmation stating that I have applied for the police certificate, and I have an appointment for this Friday. Would I be able to send that along or is that not good enough?

If any of you have been in a similar position, please let me know what the process was for you.

My other question (a bit off-topic) is whether these letters mean that we have been approved 100% or whether this is just the first step and we might need to wait another year or so for the final decision to be made?

Thanks so much in advance!!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations on getting this far!

You need to inform CIC that you will need additional time to receive and forward the PCC. Since you've already responded to the email, you should also send a Case Specific Enquiry:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

You may also want to send a copy of the confirmation notice with the CSE. You could either scan the document and attach it to the CSE form, or take a clear photo with your phone, email it to yourself and then attach it.

The good news is that CIC will extend the deadline, BUT you must make sure that they get the request!

The other good news is that they have assessed your relationship, because that is what is required before you receive your Approval in Principle letter...which you now have. This is by no means a guarantee of final approval, but it's certainly a good sign.

Unfortunately, nobody can answer the last question with absolute certainty, but for an Inland applicant you could have a decision anytime after CIC receives the medical and PCC clearance.

tattiidee

Jan 15, 2015
Ponga said:
Congratulations on getting this far!

You need to inform CIC that you will need additional time to receive and forward the PCC. Since you've already responded to the email, you should also send a Case Specific...
Thank you so much for the quick response!
I ended up receiving a response back to my email regarding this issue, and was told in the email that I was granted and extension until April, which is amazing and I am so grateful!

I also got a copy of the application for the police certificate which I was going to send in and will still do so as it includes the tracking number on it.

Thank you again !