+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about 'Original entry into Canada' on OWP form

jetrel

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Reposting this as I had a vague title & post

This is probably a dumb question, but in the section 'Coming into Canada', question 1 asks for the Date and Place of your Original entry into Canada. Does that mean my VERY FIRST EVER entry, which would be as a tourist, or my first entry on my current status (when I came to Canada in 2017 on my IEC and am still here)

Thanks,

CanUK333

Jun 18, 2019
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
I have the same question! How did you answer it? Can anyone please confirm what is meant by this question? (first time you ever came to canada or original entry under current status?

jetrel

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
I have the same question! How did you answer it? Can anyone please confirm what is meant by this question? (first time you ever came to canada or original entry under current status?
Hey, if I remember correctly, I put down the date I entered Canada for the very first time, and then in the second part, I put down my most recent entry with work permit number.

Seems to be correct as my OWP was approved today.

wsidd

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Hey, if I remember correctly, I put down the date I entered Canada for the very first time, and then in the second part, I put down my most recent entry with work permit number.

Seems to be correct as my OWP was approved today.
What if you don't know or remember first time coming into Canada? Filling out inland spouse and he visited Canada as a child. How is he supposed to know now the date he first entered?

jetrel

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
What if you don't know or remember first time coming into Canada? Filling out inland spouse and he visited Canada as a child. How is he supposed to know now the date he first entered?
Sorry, but I honestly don't know. You might have some luck if you ask that question as its own post.

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
I used the date I entered Canada with my current status (a working holiday permit). From the variety of answers I've seen to this question, it doesn't seem to be something they look at too closely (ie, I don't think the officers are rejecting people if they didn't include the exact date they visited Niagara Falls as a kid) but most people I've seen have used their original date under their current status (visitor, worker, etc.)

I think I would be okay if I had entered the date I first came to Canada with a visa at all (which would have been about a year earlier).

wsidd

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
I used the date I entered Canada with my current status (a working holiday permit). From the variety of answers I've seen to this question, it doesn't seem to be something they look at too closely (ie, I don't think the officers are rejecting people if they didn't include the exact date they visited Niagara Falls as a kid) but most people I've seen have used their original date under their current status (visitor, worker, etc.)

I think I would be okay if I had entered the date I first came to Canada with a visa at all (which would have been about a year earlier).
Thank you again!

Fargoloz

Star Member
May 2, 2020
Question about extending Work Permit under SUV! Any one experienced this before?
Do I use IMM5257 or IMM 5710 form?