+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about medical test validity (for study permit)

Bangladeshi_boy

Star Member
Apr 15, 2018
I just got my study permit approved for Fall 2024. However, one thing is bugging me.

To give you a history: I was in Canada for a long time, initially as a student, then as a worker (couldn't get PR). Now I am going there for another higher degree.

IRCC did not ask me to do medical this time as I have been in my home country for less than 3 months when I applied, and medical is only needed if you stay in a designated country for over 6 months period (before that I was in Canada). So IRCC directly asked for my passport and approved my VISA.

However, my Letter of Intro. puts my medical expiry date at 7th July 2019 (this was for the medical I did back in 2018). I am wondering will it cause a problem as that medical test has obviously expired?

I mean, IRCC did not ask me to do any medical this time and instead approved my VISA, but the letter of intro does state that medical result needs to be valid when I reach POE.

Moreover, my online portal states this: June 11, 2024 You passed the medical exam. Even though I did not give any medical this time, IRCC says I passed it, I am assuming it's because medical is not needed for me so they automatically passed it?

I am just trying to ascertain if I will get into any trouble in port of entry as my old medical is expired, but ircc did not ask me to do any medical, and approved my visa without it so it should be OK?