+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about expiring PGWP and ITA

s3nr1

Star Member
May 11, 2013
I'm expecting to get an ITA in the next draw. My PGWP expires in 2.2 months. I will likely submit my application before it expires .questions:
- will I automatically be in implied status?

If not what can I do in case it expires before I get an answer on my application? Thanks!

s3nr1

Star Member
May 11, 2013
No. A PR application does NOT give you legal status in Canada

You need to apply for BOWP after you submit your PR application and before your PGWP expires
That looks rather lengthy as well. Now going back around, will applying for BOWP give me implied status?

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
If you submit BOWP application before your PGWP expires, you have implied status.
But again you'll have to submit PR application first before you can apply for BOWP

Reactions: s3nr1

s3nr1

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Thanks! I feel optimistic. One question, do I apply for bowp the second I submit my PR application or do I need to wait for some kind of, I'm reading, receipt of the PR application. Thanks

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
Yes you need AOR which is sent to you automatically by the system after you submit your PR application. Usually arrives within hours.

Reactions: s3nr1

Norma55

Star Member
Oct 11, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
04-09-2019
Med's Done....
22-08-2019
Passport Req..
09-03-2020
Hello! I have some questions to anybody who can help:

This is my summary until now:

CRS: 459 | Stream: Canadian Experience Class (Inland)
ITA: 24-July-2019
AOR: 04-Sep-19
MEP: 24-Sep-2019

No more updates as for today, I'm waiting for my Police Certificate to be sent to IRCC from my country... long story.

I'm currently working in Canada, and my work permit is about to expire, my WP is employer-specific, exempt for LMIA (I'm working under an International Agreement).

My 1st question is, what should I do? Apply for a BOWP even if I haven't passed certain stage? I called to IRCC and an agent suggested me, to apply for a BOWP or for an extension of my work permit. She said, as I hadn't pass that "Certain stage", I can apply so they would "hold" my application to BWOP until I pass that stage... but I'm scared that if something goes wrong with my application, I will loose my status here.

My 2nd question is, if my work permit is employer-specific, can I apply for a Bridging OPEN work permit?

Maybe sounds silly but all the information on the official website is so general, that I don't want to make any assumptions... every time I read the same information, I understand something different and I worried I didn't do or I won't do something I have to... anyways thanks in advance to anyone who can help.