+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about Client ID/ Receipt IMM 5401

oneworded

Jul 30, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I noticed on the receipt (IMM 5401) I have to fill out Client ID, What is a Client ID? Is it the number on the front of my Canadian Citizenship Card???

If possible I would like to use my wife's name on the Receipt, since I want to use that as evidence to extend her visa and that she is infact appyling for her PR. I don't want my name and my client ID on the receipt since it wouldn't work as proof. So would that Client ID be the Client ID on her Student Visa Permit?

extra info: I am a Canadian Citizen performing an INLAND spouse sponsorship.

kal1313

May 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2010
AOR Received.
24-08-10
File Transfer...
16-09-10
Passport Req..
30-10-10
You leave the client ID blank unless you have not been issued one. The details on the receipt should be that of the payer.

oneworded

Jul 30, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kal1313 said:
You leave the client ID blank unless you have not been issued one. The details on the receipt should be that of the payer.
how could I leave it blank? then where would my money go when I pay like how would they know it's me? how would I find out the client ID?

kal1313

May 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2010
AOR Received.
24-08-10
File Transfer...
16-09-10
Passport Req..
30-10-10
Like I said you leave the client ID blank , You will not get a client ID until your case has begun processing trust me they know exactly where your money is going that is why you got that receipt , thats proof enough. If you have any doubt you can call CIC and confirm this but trust me I am saving you that time .

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
The client ID is the same one her study permit. It is 8 digits. She will not get a new client ID and it will be the same one used for all her dealings with CIC - (work/study permit, PR etc). I have had the same client ID since I got my study permit 5 years ago. When I sent of my PR application a few months ago and I called the CIC automated line to check my status, I used that same client ID # and they confirmed that the application has been received. The # on the study permit is correct. You would not have a client ID especially if you were born here.

oneworded said:
I noticed on the receipt (IMM 5401) I have to fill out Client ID, What is a Client ID? Is it the number on the front of my Canadian Citizenship Card???

If possible I would like to use my wife's name on the Receipt, since I want to use that as evidence to extend her visa and that she is infact appyling for her PR. I don't want my name and my client ID on the receipt since it wouldn't work as proof. So would that Client ID be the Client ID on her Student Visa Permit?

extra info: I am a Canadian Citizen performing an INLAND spouse sponsorship.

Bearcheese

Oct 8, 2013
What if the payer is neither the sponsor nor the sponsored person? In that case, whose information do we put in things like Address, date of birth etc.

DA005

Jul 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am in the same situation and would really appreciate it if someone experienced in this matter posts a reply to it asap. I am outlining my situation below:

In my case, my wife is a Canadian PR and I am located in India (recently shifted there from US). So she is my sponsor and I am the principal applicant.

We have our entire package ready for spousal sponsorship outside Canada. The only issue that we came across with was the payment of fees.

My wife does not have a credit card. We ordered IMM5401 form online and it has been 3 weeks now but it has still not been delivered to her in Canada. So I did call the CIC and they told me that it's not necessary that only she has to make the payment if we don't want to wait for IMM 5401 form. The payment can be made by anyone's credit card (it can be any family member or friend). So i paid the fees with my credit card.

The receipt that i received has my name pre-filled in the name section. This has got me confused and worried. I have read and heard that the receipt must contain sponsor Information (in my case my wife who is Canadian PR).

Now i am not sure what to fill in following sections:

1. Name: Currently it has my name (since i made the payment). However should i erase it (using whitener) on the receipt and fill in my wife's name instead in this section (since my wife is the sponsor)?
2. Client Date of Birth: I guess it should have my wife's name on it who it my sponsor. Am i right?
3. Client ID: I guess it should have my wife's name on it who is my sponsor. Am i right?
4. Address: Whose address should it be? Sponsor's or the one who made the payment?
5. Postal Code: Whose Postal Code should it be? Sponsor's or the one who made the payment?
6 & 7. Area Code & Telephone Number: Whose phone number should it be? Sponsor's or the one who made the payment?

I will highly appreciate a quick reply.

Thanks.