+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

question about calculating my working experience time

zgz

Nov 1, 2019
Hi,

I have question about my working experience time. My first full time job was from 2017-02-07 to 2018-03-16; second job was from 2018-03-19 to 2019-01-31; third job (current job) was from 2019-03-04 to now. And I calculated my work time was 2 years and 11 months. I will get 3-year working experience in March.

However, when I logged in my EE system profile in early February, the system counted my work experience time as 3 years and gave me extra 25 points. Then I got the invitation to apply for PR. Is this an error of the system? Should I decline the Invitation now and submit my EE profile again when I have 3-year working experience? Or should I keep the invitation but submit it in March when I get 3 year work experience?

Could anyone please answer my question or provide some advice? Thanks in advance.

zgz

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Hi,

I have question about my working experience time. My first full time job was from 2017-02-07 to 2018-03-16; second job was from 2018-03-19 to 2019-01-31; third job (current job) was from 2019-03-04 to now. And I calculated my work time was 2 years and 11 months. I will get 3-year working experience in March.

However, when I logged in my EE system profile in early February, the system counted my work experience time as 3 years and gave me extra 25 points. Then I got the invitation to apply for PR. Is this an error of the system? Should I decline the Invitation now and submit my EE profile again when I have 3-year working experience? Or should I keep the invitation but submit it in March when I get 3 year work experience?

Could anyone please answer my question or provide some advice? Thanks in advance.

zgz
Are you still working with same employer and under same immigration status? Try using the eligibility tools to see if your points change or not? If not, don't decline.

zgz

Nov 1, 2019
Are you still working with same employer and under same immigration status? Try using the eligibility tools to see if your points change or not? If not, don't decline.
Hi babsizkil,

Thank you for your reply. Yes I am still working with same employer and same immigration status. Where is the eligibility tools? could you please provide a link?

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Hi babsizkil,

Thank you for your reply. Yes I am still working with same employer and same immigration status. Where is the eligibility tools? could you please provide a link?

If a candidate realizes after having been issued an ITA that their circumstance has changed or that the information in their profile, on the basis of which they were issued an ITA, is no longer accurate, the candidate is instructed to recalculate their CRS score using the Express Entry calculator on the IRCC website.
To recalculate your CRS score:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

For Examples of change in circumstance that would impact a candidate’s CRS score:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/invitation-apply.html

keyogogh

Feb 9, 2020
I have similar situation. I have 45 days gap between my first job and second job. I put these information into my EE profile. So actually I have 45 days more to reach 3 year working experience. But EE increases my score (25 points) automatically recently. I think I will get ITA next round, should I accept that?