+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about applying for GCMS notes + GCKey Revoked

james18666

Feb 26, 2015
I am a Canadian citizen living in China. I helped my Chinese girlfriend apply for a visitor visa 3 years ago, which was rejected. Now I'm thinking of trying again and doing some research on what the next steps should be. I understand that I should apply for the GCMS notes to get more specific information about the refusal of the application 3 years ago.

Here is my problem.

I need to get a copy of the rejection letter to get the information needed to apply for the notes. But when I try to log into the IRCC account we created 3 years ago, this is the message I get.

GCKey Revoked

Your GCKey Username and Password have been previously revoked

I'm trying to figure out why the GCKey was revoked. I found a few threads about this but no answer on why it happens. Is it because the account wasn't used for 3 years?

I will search my old computer tomorrow and see if I saved a copy of the rejection letter. Assuming I can get a copy of the letter, here is my next question.

Can I still apply for the GCMS notes for an application from 3 years ago? How long does the government keep these records for?

james18666

Feb 26, 2015
The government keeps the records forever. You can request the notes.
Thanks, that's good to know. I just hope I can find that rejection letter to get the numbers I need to apply for the notes. That's so weird how the GCKey was revoked. Seems to happen often to people but nobody knows why.