+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about 9C and 10A - Citizenship form

lucasbrazil

Oct 22, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I have a question about living outside of Canada. During my eligibility period, I went back to Brazil for 5 months and 15 days to spend some time with family. I didn't worked or studied in there, it was basically an extended vacation.

Should I answer "Yes" or "No" for question "9C"? (During your eligibility period did you live outside of Canada?), if Yes, should I fill out the "cit0177e-2.pdf - Residence outside of Canada form" ?

Also, when answering question "10A", should I list the address in Brazil or just keep my address here in Canada? Thanks a lot in advance :)

Last edited:

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Hi Everyone,

I have a question about living outside of Canada. During my eligibility period, I went back to Brazil for 5 months and 15 days to spend some time with family. I didn't worked or studied in there, it was basically an extended vacation.

Should I answer "Yes" or "No" for question "9C"? (During your eligibility period did you live outside of Canada?), if Yes, should I fill out the "cit0177e-2.pdf - Residence outside of Canada form" ?

Also, when answering question "10A", should I list the address in Brazil or just keep my address here in Canada? Thanks a lot in advance :)

Answer for 9C is No

oomuchi

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF's Request :30-11-2015
Nomination.....
T4/NoA 2015 :Upfront end of July
AOR Received.
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
March 2015 to Ottawa
Med's Request
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016
:D:DOi Lucas,
Hi Lucas :)

For this and other questions please see
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/c-6-citizenship-applications-frequently-asked-questions.522548/

This is a very common question as this part is confusing.
If you answer yes , the correct way which is tried and tested is as follows :
- Print the CIT 0177 form and fill your name and DOB. Then write N/A on part A and B.

- Attach a cover letter stating that you never worked for crown services and the time you lived outside of Canada doesn't effect your eligibility.

There are several person saying that they received back their papers because they said yes to the question and did not send the blanked CIT 0177 form.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/problem-with-the-new-cit0002e-oct-version-question-9c.522168/
or
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/questions-on-filling-citizenship-application-9-c-10-a-and-11.550267/

My personal experience:
I chose "no" as my answer, but after that I sent the empty form through the web form to avoid any misunderstanding as it will depend on the "agent" who is processing your documents.

In 10 (a)...
you need to enter all the residential addresses either inside or outside Canada, where you stayed during your residency period BUT No need to write the addresses of your vacation inside Canada. But if you traveled outside Canada for vacation/study/work/training etc. then definitely you need to mention that address. Yes that is fine to mention your address in Brazil during your 5 months stay.

I even sent a translated hydro bill (COPEL -PR) to prove my old address.

Cara, eu queria ter essa sorte e tirar 5 meses de ferias... :cool:
nao tiro ferias faz 2 anos e os gringos tao nem ai...o_O

Boa sorte!!! Good Luck:D

Last edited: