+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

question 3(Have you applied for Canadian Citizenship before?)

jummal7

Dec 15, 2017
I had invited in citizenship oath ceremony in 2015 but due to my personal circumstance, I had withdrawn my citizenship in 2015. I am planning to apply for citizenship now again. In my case, any one knows if I should check yes for question 3(Have you applied for Canadian Citizenship before?)
I've been trying to call CIC but couldn't reach them since my last call.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
I had invited in citizenship oath ceremony in 2015 but due to my personal circumstance, I had withdrawn my citizenship in 2015. I am planning to apply for citizenship now again. In my case, any one knows if I should check yes for question 3(Have you applied for Canadian Citizenship before?)
You did apply for Citizenship and later you withdrew your application because of your personal circumstances. So I think it should be Yes.

Last edited:

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
This is clearly `Yes`

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Why in the world would you withdraw an application if you were invited to the oath? Were you in prison?

shahmad

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
I am pretty sure you must have a very very strong reason but just curious to know why did you withdraw ?? Did you maintain your PR ?

jummal7

Dec 15, 2017
Why in the world would you withdraw an application if you were invited to the oath? Were you in prison?
No, I had a reason to withdraw an application cause of maintaining my nationality(health issue, health coverage for me and my wife and business in my country). Withdrawal was my voluntary and personal situation.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Well, yes you need to indicate you have applied before and, in fact, having previously withdrawn an application has been grounds for non-routine processing and/or RQ in the past.

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
I don't know what do you mean by "you filed b4 and now you re-apply".
let me know, please. Thanks
I guess the one who can better answer this question ,, it will be me ,, in 2016 December I applied for citizenship and my test was scheduled for 03/13/2017 ,, I arrived late that day ,, and I waited to have my test re-scheduled ,, but they never got back to me ,, I contacted immigration lawyer ,, he thought that my file my be queued in non-routine ,, so he advised me ,, best way to avoid the non-routine delay it will be by withdrawing and re-applying ,, I re-applied back in august this year ,, and exactly the third question was ,, have you applied before and the answer was " yes " and type which year you applied before ,, I am at the same boat ,, now I am in In Process ,, waiting the test for the new application ,, wish that this is helpful ,,

jummal7

Dec 15, 2017
I guess the one who can better answer this question ,, it will be me ,, in 2016 December I applied for citizenship and my test was scheduled for 03/13/2017 ,, I arrived late that day ,, and I waited to have my test re-scheduled ,, but they never got back to me ,, I contacted immigration lawyer ,, he thought that my file my be queued in non-routine ,, so he advised me ,, best way to avoid the non-routine delay it will be by withdrawing and re-applying ,, I re-applied back in august this year ,, and exactly the third question was ,, have you applied before and the answer was " yes " and type which year you applied before ,, I am at the same boat ,, now I am in In Process ,, waiting the test for the new application ,, wish that this is helpful ,,
Thanks a lot. It will definitely help.