+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

(Question) 1 Year Post Degree Diploma (30 Credits) to improve CRS score.

Sid92dxb

Aug 13, 2020
Hi,

I have a CRS score of 432.

I'm planning to do a 1 year diploma to improve my score, i already have a 4 year Bachelors Degree from a foreign university (WES verified) and want to do a 1 year Diploma in Canada.

I was wondering, do the number of course credits matter for the diploma to be eligible for points in the CRS system ?

If i do the 1 year Post Degree Diploma (In Canada) of 30 credits will it mean than i can select the "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program 3 years or more years"

The reason I'm asking is because my consultant told me that they are not sure if a 30 credit diploma will be eligible as diplomas are usually 120 credits.

Any help with clarification would be great, thank you!

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
After you've completed a three-year post secondary program (most often a bachelor's degree) a one year certificate or diploma will bring you to ""Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program 3 years or more years"
Your consultant is hiding his or her ignorance. A full degree is 120 credits.

Reactions: Sid92dxb

hrathi

Aug 11, 2020
I also have a similar doubt. I have completed B.Tech which is evaluated by Wes as four year bachelor. Now I m pursuing PGDET(Postgraduate diploma in educational technology) from IGNOU which is of 30 credits to get the "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees" tag. Does credit matter as i see other PGD's programme of 32 and 36 credits also in IGNOU like PGDIT and PGDCA which are positively evaluated by WES . Is there a threshold for credits?