+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding proof of funds

Rafeed Mahmud

Apr 28, 2021
Greetings. I have submitted my EE profile and am currently in the pool. I had some queries regarding the proof of funds. My uncle wants to gift me the money for the proof of funds (CAD 13000). I would like to know that in this case should he transfer the money to my account immediately or should I wait to see if I actually receive an ITA and transfer the funds then. I was told that Immigration authorities check the bank statements for the last 6 months. So in the event that I do recieve an ITA and transfer the money afterwards, the bank statemnts will not show the money being present for 6 months. Will this be problematic?

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
Greetings. I have submitted my EE profile and am currently in the pool. I had some queries regarding the proof of funds. My uncle wants to gift me the money for the proof of funds (CAD 13000). I would like to know that in this case should he transfer the money to my account immediately or should I wait to see if I actually receive an ITA and transfer the funds then. I was told that Immigration authorities check the bank statements for the last 6 months. So in the event that I do recieve an ITA and transfer the money afterwards, the bank statemnts will not show the money being present for 6 months. Will this be problematic?
You should have money in your account asap, IRCC indeed will look at 6 months balance but it is not a hard rule.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
If the gift deed is from parents or close relatives then Get a signed declaration from the person who is giving the money to you that this is intended to be a gift which is aimed at helping you with settlement funds and that this is not a credit amount which needs to be returned. That should take care of the situation. Recency of transactions is not a problem as long as you submit a signed declaration (along with the POF).

Hope this helps mate