+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding IELTS exam

keyboard

Aug 30, 2010
1. During IELTS registration I have mentioned 10+yrs of experience does they give questionaire based on no. of experience ?

2. I m reading cambridge books, most of the writing answers are tough or press language, can we use simple plain english in exam ? do we get good marks if we use simple language ?

3. Is there any chance they can repeat the passage in exam from these books ?

4. Any good suggestions for improving writing skills specially for assay ?
I m very good technical in my field, but bit nervous to write assays on general topics.

Appreciate your valuable suggestions.

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. No.

2. You can use simple English but you will have to show your lexical variety. And how you use connectors between your sentences. All of this matters in achieving a good band. Sample essays given in those cambridge books are a good example of writing a good essay.

3. No way. Topics can be similar in nature but content is gonna be different. No need to memorize answers from those passages.

4. Search Ielts essay on youtube. You'll find a alot of useful tips there from English teachers.

Academic writing essay: Task 1: Learn vocabulary terms that are frequently used in describing trends in Graphs/Tables. Task 2:: Intro+body+conclusion. Stick to this pattern and write your essay. In body, write your both postive and negative sides and back up with solid examples. Don't waffle. Don't repeat same point over and over again in each paragraph.

Avoid phrasal verbs, cliches, idioms just stick with formal writing.