+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query About Work Experience Post-ITA - Need Advice

clemhuang

Dec 13, 2023
Hello everyone,

I'm reaching out to this knowledgeable community for some guidance regarding my application for permanent residency in Canada. I recently received my ITA in December, and I have a specific query about my work experience that I hope to get some clarity on.

Background of My Situation:
  • My last employment ended a few months ago. While I was working there, I moved out of my country of nationality in June and continued to work remotely for the same employer.
  • My work hours were reduced when I started working remotely, but my employment was officially full-time until September, as stated in my reference letter from the employer.
  • Currently, I am not working and am residing in a new country, from where I am applying for PR.
My Concerns:
  1. Address Mismatch: Since I stated my address outside of my country of nationality in my application, but my reference letter indicates full-time employment in my home country until September, could this be a problem?
  2. Letter of Explanation (LOE): Should I include a Letter of Explanation to clarify this situation? I want to ensure that there is no misunderstanding about my employment period and the nature of my work.
  3. LOE Authentication: If I do write an LOE, does it need to be signed or endorsed by my former employer?
I understand the importance of ensuring that all information in the PR application is accurate and well-documented. Hence, I seek advice on how best to approach this situation to avoid any complications with my application.

Any insights, experiences, or suggestions from members who have faced similar situations or are knowledgeable about this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!