+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

query about showing proof for work experience.

kaushik

May 27, 2009
Hello All,

for showing proof for work experience, is it enough to show appointment letter, relieving letter [in case of previous employer] and all the salary slips or we have to show income tax returns for all the years we worked? In my case, I stay in INdia and for the 1st year of my work experience, I did not file income tax return.Is it ok? Request you all to reply when you have time. Thanking in advance.

Regards,

Kaushik Vaidya.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
It is best to give them what they ask for (i.e. appointment letter / contract and employment letter) but in the absence of such documents, then give anything that proves your job. Think about why they want appointment letter. This shows that you actually had the job and fortunately you have this. Why would they want an employment letter. It provides such information such as your responsibility. If this job in an integral part of your application, then they might want something to show your responsibilities. This is more important if your title and years of experience doesn't imply it.