ggourav

Aug 28, 2024
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi Everyone

Greetings of the day

I am a PR aspirant and currently working in Alberta on a Full time (40 hours per week) Closed work permit supported by LMIA since September 2022. I have some queries regarding my work experience calculation for CEC stream under Express Entry. Request you to guide on the same.
  • Due to Wildfire in my town in Alberta, I was evacuated for a period of three weeks. I was not paid anything by my employer for the said period but I was on employed as full time during the period. My question is whether these days will be counted towards my work experience or not. (Since I was neither laid off nor went outside of Canada in this period).
  • How to include my annual vacation period i.e. two weeks into my total experience. Is it fine to add 60 hours to the total considering them as full hours for this period?
  • Are the Annual Vacation hours cumulative i.e. Can we club 4 weeks of Annual Paid vacation for 2 years work experience even if they are on continuous Offs and is in trenches?
  • I have received an ITA in the CEC draw today as the Express entry system have already granted me points for 2 year experience and my CRS score is 514 now (Today CEC draw was 507) . However, I am yet to complete the same on 28th of next month. Is it okay to accept the ITA and submit the documents for PR on 27th when I complete the required work experience?
  • As my work permit is going to expire on 28th September 2024, If I submit all the documents on 27th and get acknowledgement of Receipt and apply for Bridging open work permit on the same day. Is this a valid way to do this and have no ramifications?
  • Will I continue to be eligible for the 50 points of LMIA after AOR even if I shift to the maintained status AFTER AOR. I shall continue to work for the same employer under same occupation code. Also, the current employer is ready to provide the required job letter supporting 1 year of Job offer after the Permanent residency.
I understand that these are a lot of queries, but request you to revert them all.