+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec

cherrylu

Aug 2, 2012
Hi,

Anybody here is applying the visa for Quebec? I am confused with the procedure. It seems that it is different from the other parts of Canada.

Step 1: sponsorship approval
Step 2:undertaking application ( when we got a letter stating that the sponsorship is approved)

Can anybody can make this clear. Have been reading too much these days, got really confused.

Thanks

proco

Star Member
Nov 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-April-2012
Doc's Request.
09-October-2012 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
20-July-2012
Med's Done....
16-April-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Twice! 05-November-2012 & 19-February-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-March-2013
LANDED..........
30-March-2013
***This is after you have already received sponsor approval and received a letter or email confirming this from CIC***

If you are sponsoring your spouse or vice versa you will need to follow the instructions for the undertaking application in Kit A. The sponsor will need to fill out the undertaking application and all forms required depending on your situation and the applicant will need to fill out an Application for the Quebec Selection Certificate. I believe some of these forms MUST be filled out in French. We filled out ALL of our forms in French just to be safe. Also, there is a payment form to be filled out as well. Here is the link to the checklist: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/sponsorship/checklist.pdf

Here is the link to follow for Kit A: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/forms/search-title/undertaking-application/kit-a.html

Read the guides, they are very helpful.

If you are not sponsoring your spouse or dependent child you will need to follow Kit B.

Hope this helps!

cherrylu

Aug 2, 2012
Hey, Thanks a lot. What you posted was our plan as that's from the guide. Then I got confused as I read too much information of Canada application, forgot that Quebec is a bit different from the other part. Thanks a lottttttttttttt. Have been struggling with this for few days.

Yes, as the guide said, one of the forms has to be filled in French.

Really appreciate for your reply. Thanks again.

proco

Star Member
Nov 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-April-2012
Doc's Request.
09-October-2012 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
20-July-2012
Med's Done....
16-April-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05-March-2013
LANDED..........
30-March-2013

Cheerio

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Hmm as far as filling them out in French, I know some of them are filled out by the applicant. My husband is Fluent in French, but I can only have basic conversations and I can't write French very well. Is it okay if he helps me fill them out? Would it look bad if I fill it out in English?

Also, I read somewhere about submitting test results for French fluency-- are those a requirement?

ohliuw

Star Member
May 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
AOR Received.
23-08-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Cheerio said:
Hmm as far as filling them out in French, I know some of them are filled out by the applicant. My husband is Fluent in French, but I can only have basic conversations and I can't write French very well. Is it okay if he helps me fill them out? Would it look bad if I fill it out in English?

Also, I read somewhere about submitting test results for French fluency-- are those a requirement?
Only the forms filled out by your husband must be in French (there is English translation for them for reference only, but he must fill out the Frenchies) ...

Don't worry about the French ... CSQ for family sponsorship is just a formality; another way for the Quebec government to milk extra cash from its citizens :mad: :mad: :mad:

No need to speak French, no tests under the spouse category ...

proco

Star Member
Nov 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-April-2012
Doc's Request.
09-October-2012 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
20-July-2012
Med's Done....
16-April-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05-March-2013
LANDED..........
30-March-2013
ohliuw said:
No need to speak French, no tests under the spouse category ...
As there are no language requirements under spousal sponsorship I still believe there is a need to learn French if you plan on living your life in Quebec. It is very important to the french community here to preserve their culture and their language which is its identity. As you see, the Quebec government stresses the importance of this and even offers free language programs for anyone immigrating to the province. Try and take advantage of the extra money you paid to Quebec and learn the language on the cheap!

lioha

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I am probably currently looked at by CIC as I applied in early July and they are probably looking at my file in Mississauga right now. I am a sponsor sponsoring my wife to Quebec. I had it all clear at the time I applied, but am a bit stressed out now as I my file is probably studied now. As a sponsor sponsoring to Quebec, I do not need to provide the Option C printout, nor the statments from work or anything like that. It is indicated to skip it on the Checklist and I did. I hope I am right? Canada does not look at this for us Quebec applicants?

ohliuw

Star Member
May 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
AOR Received.
23-08-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
lioha said:
Hi everyone,

I am probably currently looked at by CIC as I applied in early July and they are probably looking at my file in Mississauga right now. I am a sponsor sponsoring my wife to Quebec. I had it all clear at the time I applied, but am a bit stressed out now as I my file is probably studied now. As a sponsor sponsoring to Quebec, I do not need to provide the Option C printout, nor the statments from work or anything like that. It is indicated to skip it on the Checklist and I did. I hope I am right? Canada does not look at this for us Quebec applicants?
No need for option C; I only provided it along with employment letter because I hope they will forward it to the VO - it would show that there is no point for me to get married for money ...

ohliuw

Star Member
May 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
AOR Received.
23-08-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
proco said:
As there are no language requirements under spousal sponsorship I still believe there is a need to learn French if you plan on living your life in Quebec. It is very important to the french community here to preserve their culture and their language which is its identity. As you see, the Quebec government stresses the importance of this and even offers free language programs for anyone immigrating to the province. Try and take advantage of the extra money you paid to Quebec and learn the language on the cheap!
You are contradicting to yourself - first you tell OP to learn French if planning to live in QC, then you tell them to learn in here for free :p :p :p

OP only asked about the forms ... Of course it's a good idea to learn French for free once landed, plenty of establishments offer this opportunity in QC 8)

lioha

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ohliuw said:
No need for option C; I only provided it along with employment letter because I hope they will forward it to the VO - it would show that there is no point for me to get married for money ...
Thanks ohliuw!!! I did not put neither the Option C not anything from my employer. I did indicate where I work though as part of the sponsoring questionnaire. Should be fine :)

proco

Star Member
Nov 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-April-2012
Doc's Request.
09-October-2012 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
20-July-2012
Med's Done....
16-April-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05-March-2013
LANDED..........
30-March-2013
ohliuw said:
You are contradicting to yourself - first you tell OP to learn French if planning to live in QC, then you tell them to learn in here for free :p :p :p

OP only asked about the forms ... Of course it's a good idea to learn French for free once landed, plenty of establishments offer this opportunity in QC 8)
I'm not trying to confuse anybody here and I definitely did not tell anybody what to do. A suggestion to take advantage of these classes was just that, a suggestion. Just thought I'd state that learning French may not be required, it is heavily suggested by the government. And you can take advantage BEFORE you land or have approval by getting a temporary resident permit. I was also pointing out that the extra money paid to Quebec in my eyes is not "another way for the Quebec government to milk extra cash from its citizens" but a means to provide more services to the people immigrating and adapting into Quebec society.

Remrov

May 16, 2012
Hello everybody,

I'm being sponsored by my boyfriend and also for Quebec. We just recieved the sponsorship approval letter today (we applied in the beginning of August, so I guess that's pretty fast).

I also asked this question in the thread for August application but maybe one of you know the answer.

If you recieved the sponsorship approval from the CIC...how fast do you have to send the Quebec forms and documents to the MICC?
Does it matter if that takes a week or so?

ohliuw

Star Member
May 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
AOR Received.
23-08-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
proco said:
I'm not trying to confuse anybody here and I definitely did not tell anybody what to do. A suggestion to take advantage of these classes was just that, a suggestion. Just thought I'd state that learning French may not be required, it is heavily suggested by the government. And you can take advantage BEFORE you land or have approval by getting a temporary resident permit. I was also pointing out that the extra money paid to Quebec in my eyes is not "another way for the Quebec government to milk extra cash from its citizens" but a means to provide more services to the people immigrating and adapting into Quebec society.
Is stand corrected, I should have said" "another way for the Quebec government to milk extra cash from its HARD WORKING citizens""

Everyone is entitled to their point of view ... I guess it depends on where someone stands. I'd be curios to see what you'd say if 45% of your income went to "providing more services to the people". I am an immigrant myself, but I have never received welfare ... On the other side, I know many people who are on welfare, work under the table delivering pizza and don't pay any taxes. I go to work, they go to the swimming pool ... At the end of the year, they get back from the Quebec government 3-4k in tax returns; I get to pay extra $$$ to Quebec. This province is f-ed up...