+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec skilled worker application going to be rejected

kank

Dec 20, 2010
Hi all,
I applied for quebec immigration as a skilled worker in july 2010. I am B.Tech in Electronics and communication and having 3 years of experience.Just 10 days back i recieved a letter from quebec immigration office saying that i don't have enough points for quebec immigration as a skilled worker. they sent me evaluation sheet also where they have listed my Points.

Education 10/12
Training area 0/16
Experience 6/8
Age 16/16
French 0/16
English 4/6
Stay in Quebec 0/5
family in quebec 0/3
employement offer 0/10
finances 1/1

My total is 37 and they need atleast 49 points to be eligible.But when i filled the application for quebec i mentioned intermediate level of french, but did not provide any proof ,because at the time of applying I was not having any french languabe ability certificate.but I am studying french now And sucessfully cleared A1 level. Moreover I did not get 6 points for Training area also.

Please help.....I have to reply to Quebec immigration office.

coolguy001

Star Member
Oct 28, 2008
If you didn't provide any language ability certificate then they will judge your proficiency at the time of interview and accordingly they will give points but in some cases i have heard that they asked for French certificate also. Following are the French language point distribution in case of DELF.

A1 - 2
A2 - 4
B1 - 8
B2 - 12
C1 or C2 - 16

Bonne Chance !

coolguy001

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Isn't "training area" their most wanted list of occupations they need? If it is, then you will not get points for that unless you are one of the most wanted.

IMO try to get a job offer and work on your French and English. If you study hard and apply again in a year, you could improve both of them to the point that you will have full points for English and enough points for French to pass.

qsw

Star Member
Nov 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
nd
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
19may2011
hello kank,
don't worry, it happens with most of cases !
tell me field of your experience in which.
intended occupation in quebec(which filled in coloumn no. 14 in csq application )

chibiks

Apr 12, 2010
You will get more input under thread: "QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE".

Please view that thread as I think that there is a similar case and the person reapplied and got interview i.e. if you believe you have 49 points. If you feel you dont have 49 points dont give up - as Leon said, improve English and work on French too and you will score enough points.

Why do you think you were entitled to 6 points for area of training? I want to know the answer to this question: Where a candidate has a degree of type: "Communications and Computer Engineering" and Communications Engineering = 0; and Computer Engineering = 6 points for areas of training; how will the immigration officer determine weather to award 0 or 6?

Really

Aug 14, 2010
Hello there,

Sorry for that disheartening letter you received, I will try to address your concerns.

Based on what you have written about your case, I would say that it would be in your best interest to take some time to enhance your profile and reapply again because based on your current profile, they would most likely reject your case for insufficient points. Let me break it down for you.

For education, you got 10 points because you have a bachelors, if you get a masters, you can get 12 points which is better.

For training area, you got a zero because your field is not listed under the areas of training that gets any points for a foreign degree, it only gets points when it is a Quebec degree

For French, because you did not include any proof of your intermediate french language ability, they'd most likely give you a zero because they have to know for a fact that you can actually speak french at an intermediate level. And since you have stated that your french is not there yet, it will be in your best interest to continue to study and improve on your french so that by the time you reapply, you can show them proof of your french ability.

For English, since they gave you a 4, it would also be wise to continue to study english so that you can improve and possibly get a 6/6 on that to better your chances when you reapply.

With that being said, I would suggest that you stall your application for now and reapply later, at which time you would have worked on all the highlighted areas above and can present a stronger profile which would give you greater chances of success.

Good luck.

Really

Aug 14, 2010
coolguy001 said:
If you didn't provide any language ability certificate then they will judge your proficiency at the time of interview and accordingly they will give points but in some cases i have heard that they asked for French certificate also. Following are the French language point distribution in case of DELF.

A1 - 2
A2 - 4
B1 - 8
B2 - 12
C1 or C2 - 16

Bonne Chance !

I think the point system is:

A1 = 2
A2 = 6
B1 = 8
B2 = 12
C1/C2 = 16
coolguy001

kank

Dec 20, 2010
Leon said:
Isn't "training area" their most wanted list of occupations they need? If it is, then you will not get points for that unless you are one of the most wanted.

IMO try to get a job offer and work on your French and English. If you study hard and apply again in a year, you could improve both of them to the point that you will have full points for English and enough points for French to pass.

thank you Leon for your valuable comment, I will surely going to improve my language skills. Could you suggest me how to get a job offer from quebec when i am still in india.

kank

Dec 20, 2010
Really said:
Hello there,

Sorry for that disheartening letter you received, I will try to address your concerns.

Based on what you have written about your case, I would say that it would be in your best interest to take some time to enhance your profile and reapply again because based on your current profile, they would most likely reject your case for insufficient points. Let me break it down for you.

For education, you got 10 points because you have a bachelors, if you get a masters, you can get 12 points which is better.

For training area, you got a zero because your field is not listed under the areas of training that gets any points for a foreign degree, it only gets points when it is a Quebec degree

For French, because you did not include any proof of your intermediate french language ability, they'd most likely give you a zero because they have to know for a fact that you can actually speak french at an intermediate level. And since you have stated that your french is not there yet, it will be in your best interest to continue to study and improve on your french so that by the time you reapply, you can show them proof of your french ability.

For English, since they gave you a 4, it would also be wise to continue to study english so that you can improve and possibly get a 6/6 on that to better your chances when you reapply.

With that being said, I would suggest that you stall your application for now and reapply later, at which time you would have worked on all the highlighted areas above and can present a stronger profile which would give you greater chances of success.

Good luck.
Hi,
Thnx for reply. To get 6 points in english do I have to Show some IELTS/TOFEL exam results, if yes then how many bands in IELTS/TOFEL I need to get for 6 points.
One more doubt, Stall the application now and reapply later, Is stall means that I can continue with the same application or I need to reapplly from Scratch later (refilling the application forms again).

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kank said:
thank you Leon for your valuable comment, I will surely going to improve my language skills. Could you suggest me how to get a job offer from quebec when i am still in india.
Look for jobs online and contact employers through email, fax and/or telephone. Educate yourself on what a job offer for Quebec immigration entails so you can in turn educate the employer.

I do not know in what form a job offer has to be to satisfy Quebec immigration, you would have to ask them. For the federal skilled worker program, you would need something called an AEO that the employer would get by applying for it at Service Canada. Maybe Quebec also wants an AEO or maybe they will just accept a letter from the employer.

The employer usually has no obligations because of a job offer. The job offer will get you points but once you arrive, they owe you nothing, they can tell you that the job is already filled or let you work 1 day and then lay you off if they don't like you.

Employers can be timid to give job offers because they are sometimes afraid that it can backfire and they will in some ways be responsible for you once you arrive so you must make sure to tell them that they have nothing to worry about.

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello

I am confuse about my Education points for Quebec Immigration.

I am from India and I have taken Education in India only.

I found following links to calculate my points.

http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-immigration-education.html

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/diverses/list-training.pdf

Schooling

Post secondary school technical diploma attesting to 3 years of full-time studies 8 points

Post secondary school technical diploma attesting to 3 years of full-time studies in training listed in Section A or B of the 'Areas of Training' criterion 10 points

Master's Degree 12 points

Areas of Training

Québec Degrees - SECTION B – Principal applicant: 12 points - COLLEGE LEVEL TECHNICAL TRAINING - Computer Science Techniques (DCS - 3 years)

Foreign Degrees - SECTION C – Principal applicant: 6 points - COLLEGE LEVEL TECHNICAL TRAINING - Computer Science Techniques (DCS - 3 years)

I am very confused about Area of Training Points. My highest degree is MSc-CS but there is no points mention in list of Area of Training for MSc-CS degree and I did my MSc-CS by Distance kerning mode. so I don't expect any point from this degree but I can not hide my any Education from immigration forms submissions.

When I try to find Training area point for my 3 years Computer Diploma. I got 2 places where Computer Science Techniques (DCS - 3 years) is mention. First in Section B for Quebec Degree (12 point) and another in Section C for Foreign Degrees (6 Points). I am confuse about Quebec Degree and Foreign Degree and I do not understand whether they will award me 6 or 12 Points.

Please reply in details. Thanks

qsw

Star Member
Nov 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
nd
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
19may2011
chibiks said:
You will get more input under thread: "QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE".

Please view that thread as I think that there is a similar case and the person reapplied and got interview i.e. if you believe you have 49 points. If you feel you dont have 49 points dont give up - as Leon said, improve English and work on French too and you will score enough points.

Why do you think you were entitled to 6 points for area of training? I want to know the answer to this question: Where a candidate has a degree of type: "Communications and Computer Engineering" and Communications Engineering = 0; and Computer Engineering = 6 points for areas of training; how will the immigration officer determine weather to award 0 or 6?
[it depends on your job profile]